Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds good to me. I kinda liked how my ending turned out and it would be upsetting to think it should somehow end otherwise.

From Joystiq:
Game Informer cover confirms Big Sisters, return to Rapture for BioShock 2

According to posts over there, the game takes place 7 years after the original and stars Jake Abbot, a private investigator sent to Rapture to find a girl abducted by the Big Sister. Oh, and there's supposedly only 1 Big Sister, and no Big Daddies. It's stated the game will feature 2-player co-op and new enemies, including Soviet soldiers, spliced dogs (what the funk?), and bi-pedal robots (you can hack them). New Plasmids are also mentioned, such as one that grants you the ability to slow down time and another that allows you to hear the thoughts of your enemies, revealing keypad codes and enemy weaknesses. There is said to also be underwater exploration segments, where the player will have to don a scuba suit to access some of the flooded areas of Rapture.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
They had a preview on XBOX live stating that you are a Big Daddy, and the first weapon they give you is the drill, which you can use to hit or impale people like your first encounter with a big daddy, and they said the story was stand-alone from the original, and you can now go into the water around the city, since you're wearing a diving suit. I liked becoming a big daddy in the 1st bioshock, and since they showed actual gameplay, it seems like the project shouldn't take that long to be doen with.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think of the fiscal year as beginnig on 10/1. So hopefully we'll still see BioS2 on the shelves this calender year!:aww

FO3 Special Ed., CoD MW2, etc. it looks to be a good ending to a decent gaming 2009 for me!:w00tz

· Registered
779 Posts
bioshock2

anyone picking it up? i think it comes out today maybe it was yesterday, i cant remember lol. was thinking of going and trading in a couple old games and gettin it. the first one was actually pretty challenging trophy wise. if i dont pick it up and some one else does let us know how it is! looks like they changed some things from the original.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Played apx. 1.5 hrs of BS2. If you liked the first game I think you'll like this one too.

The controls have been tweeked a bit. There's indedendent buttons for plasmid and weapon attacks now. Also having a drill as a selectable weapon was pretty fun. I think that even at this early stage it's the most fun I've had with a melee weapon since DOOM's chainsaw.

The design and music are definitely reminiscent of the past game, and the controls are very fluid and smooth. I've been playing a lot of MW2 and it's not snippity quick as MW2, but the way it feels is imho a great fit for the watery theme and supposed emmense bulk of your character.

So far so good. :tu

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BTW: I know there's a lot of people that have older PS3's who might not have bought a new Dualshok controller yet, or do have one but still play with their non-vibe handsets.

I'd higly recommend playing this game with a new one. From my POV the vibration effects so far have been very appropriate and it would be a shame not to have that experience.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
This game rulez on my 9.1 system... Dualshock, check, I got it, I had my controllers replaced to the dualshock/sixaxis type even though I have a launch PS3. Having 3 aura pros mounted to the bottom of the couch rumbles the entire couch on a drill charge - so awesome.

Did I mention I play all my games on a 6ftx6ft screen in Hidef? Yeah, it'll make shitty games good, I'm telling ya.

+1 though, Bioshock 2 is great. I love it. It was well worth the wait and I'm glad my wife loves me enough to have bought it. She also got me Army of 2 "40th day" which is also great, a new drumset from her as well, and I got sex like 5 times today. This birthday was awesome.:clappy

· Registered
779 Posts
well i went last night and picked this up, 26 bucks lol. traded in gta4, burnout, and leisure suit larry haha worked out good. only got to play about an hour an ahalf. but its so good. you prolly wont see me on duty for a while haha. shiba and david did you guys choose the "hard gameplay"? haha i didnt know how it was gonna be so i went with easy:ghey: lol after i beat it ill play through again on hard and know what to expect lol

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I went "Easy" too. I'm not feeling like a challenge after getting my butt handed to me nightly on MW2. I think Dragon Age I picked the default setting too. RPG's I usually dive into the more difficult settings.

216: Did you harvest 2 bodies yet?:confused I've saved right before going for my second body. I just need to drop the little sister down. Haven't played since Wed. so maybe I should get back to some BS2 action.

· Registered
779 Posts
shiba- yea i harvested both bodies, after that you pretty much have to walk to a location where there is one of those holes they crawl through. from there youll have a choice to to kill her and collect a ton of ADAM of save her and get half the ADAM. lol i remembered from the first one there were trophies to either save all the little sisters or kill all the little sisters.... i skimmed through the trophy list quick and did not see those choices on the list... so i killed her and took all the ADAM. i wont go much farther in explanation i dont want to spoil anything for ya. lol this platinum is gonna be hard!

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yeah, I figure it's kind like the previous game where you've got to make some moral decisions. I played the first game twice and got the "good" (peaceful death) and "bad" (war) endings. I think I liked the good ending better.

I guess I'll spare them this time too. Kinda seems more in the nature of who you are as a character to save the kiddies.

BTW: Is there anymore picture taking in this game? I didn't even think of looking for that option. Kinda forgot about it until I read your comments about trophies.

----------------

BTW2: For those that haven't tried the game yet. 2K does provide a pretty detailed instruction booklet (which doesn't seem to be the norm nowdays). Props to them for that, if anything. Of course I didn't read it lols!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.