Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i go out of town and let the wife drive the car. come home and find a etch paint stain on my door. It looks like bird shit on it and now its looks like runny paint thats bubbled. Its still color on it though.

Should I try stratch X on it? or just leave it? i just dont wanna make shit worse

she somehow claimed she saw no poop even though I check it daily.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Clay bar is the answer to everything...all paint defects will be solved! LMAO-i speant a whole day claybaring my car...the paint was revived! TRUST

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear about the unfortunate bird-bomb!!

First I would wash and dry the affected area. Then I would move onto a clay bar. The clay will help to pull out any sediment or dirt that may be left inside the stain. I would then combine the Scratch-X with a good polish. I would combined them in about a 1/3 Scratch-X 2/3 Polish combination. Using a microfiber applicator, work the polishes over the area using a moderate amount of pressure. Work the applicator of the stain in a up & down direction about a dozen times, the switch directions and go side-to-side about a dozen times. Remove the polish and how does it look? If the mark is still there, repeat the process until the mark is to a minimum. Then follow up with a coat of wax to help protect and shine the paint.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

-Dale

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear about the unfortunate bird-bomb!!

First I would wash and dry the affected area. Then I would move onto a clay bar. The clay will help to pull out any sediment or dirt that may be left inside the stain. I would then combine the Scratch-X with a good polish. I would combined them in about a 1/3 Scratch-X 2/3 Polish combination. Using a microfiber applicator, work the polishes over the area using a moderate amount of pressure. Work the applicator of the stain in a up & down direction about a dozen times, the switch directions and go side-to-side about a dozen times. Remove the polish and how does it look? If the mark is still there, repeat the process until the mark is to a minimum. Then follow up with a coat of wax to help protect and shine the paint.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

-Dale
reason i havent messed with it is because i dont want that spot being a dull offcolor. would that lead to it being off color if i follow your steps? I have tried scratch x alone and it hasnt done much.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
not good... i dont have a liscense and both mf my vehicles are parked under a tree where they get bombed :mad they are both older and the finish isnt perfect but damn it im gona snipe me some birds

·
Registered
149 Posts
all the above boo

scratch X :lol2
Go to auto body supply store and pick up 3M Perfect It III buffing compound,if you dont have a buffer just use it on a towel,this shit is like magic trust me it will make it look like it was never there,Ive been in the autobody and full service detail shops for over 10yrs and this will work for sure

·
Registered
227 Posts
I didn't know bird crap could make your clear coat peel. .

4 reals guys. . ?:confused

damn it. . no more parking under a tree full of birds. . !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the bird dropping stays on your paint for a longer period of time, it will increase the likelihood that it will leave a stain. If cleaned off within a few hours, you should be okay. The acids inside of the dropping combined with sun can cause the damage.

Keeping a good coat of wax on your vehicle is the best way to prevent a stain.

Thanks,

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stratch X has gotten another new fine stratch out pretty well....i hate getting fine stratches and no clue how to prevent them

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey NationsMostWanted,

Like Dale said the best thing to do for your car is to keep a nice coat of wax on the body. This will protect it from many things.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fine scratches are hard to prevent. It's the hazards of everyday driving. You could avoid going through touchless or drive through car washes. They don't help at all.

Just wash the car yourself using 3 mitts and 3 buckets. 2 buckets and mitts (one car soapy water and the other clean water) for mid to upper panels and 1 for the grime ridden areas of the lower body panels.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts