Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yah ... sunday feb.10th sucked nuts for me ...

the night before, i was contemplating if i should go to the SCCA Solo2 championships in San Diego at the Qualcomm Stadium sunday morning. My buddy who got me into autoX wasn't gunna be around that weekend so i would have to go ronin style. it was gunna be my first time so i was really nervous. so i asked many of my other friends if i should go, they all discouraged me and eventually convinced me not to go. that day i was coming back from lunch with all my friends and i decided to take the 'fun course' which was a road with lots of turns. this time i felt a little more daring then the rest i was ripping throught the course. The first turn consisted of a wide right leading to a fast down hill straight, i completed the turn with ease at a mere 85 mph in my 94' integra LS. the next was a 90* sharp turn so i had to slow down to about 35-40mph i skid slightly but i regained control, and then a short distance in front of me was another quick 90*. I anticipated the turn wrong and cut the apex to sharp, resulting in a direct sliding path straight into the curb in front of me. *smack!* I totally bent the front suspension and slightly on the rear, both on the right side of the car. I think i may have broken the front axel and control arms. I was totally bummed by this .. =(

later that night my sister picked me up from my g.f house (who was comforting me) to take me home. as soon as i got into my house ... a loud .. "SURPRISE!" and with complete astonishment, my friends and family had a surprise brithday party planned for me, from wed. which was my real bday. The reason they all discouraged me from going to the SCCA was because they didn't hink i would make it back in time for the surprise party they had planned. AHHH!!! hehe history could have changed. anywayz ... my friends chipped in to buy me a Skunk2 rear sway and all this other stuff for my car .. . which totally bummed me even more.

valuable lesson learned that day. People tell you all the time not to drive so fast or "slow down!, drive more conservatively!" You don't really pay much attention to their comments, but when stuff like this happens to you, you learn a hard lesson. Save all reckless driving for the tracks and under strict supervision. I could have killed someone on the road or even injured my friend who was sitting in the passenger side of the car. I felt like shit that day. I hope you guys will take what ive said into consideration. it seriously is not worth it, and i bet anyone who has been in my position can relate with me. listen to my words of wisdom ... "drive with you brain .... not you balls."

· Registered
1,833 Posts
If that is one thing I always tell people is save it for the track. We all get the urge to push our car, street race our car - but there are consequences for these actions you know.

Good thing you are still around to talk about it.

· Registered
150 Posts
Thats too bad, you could have hung out with our club on Sunday...

Anyways, i agree completely, that racing is for the track...on a personal note...the first time i hit the track for an autox event (dec 2001) on the drive home, i commented to my GF that my street racing days are over, for good. The pure excitement of 10/10ths driving under controlled conditions is WAY more fun than on the street. (not to mention MUCH safer) You'll never get to 10/10ths on the street without breaking something or injury to you or others.

I'm sorry it took the damage of your car to realize, but it's good that you did. You seem to have some great friends, so stick around long enough to enjoy their company.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanks guys for all the support =) ... yah, maybe some of you guys who live down in Southern cali. might know my friend, his name is Mike Oka .. i think many of the guys from club Si know him, cuz of course he has one. (99' FBP, hella clean; riding on bronze TE37's with Potenza S0-3's). As soon as i develp my camera, ill post before and after pics of my teg ... take care everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.