Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I know this is a totally weird post but I need some help here. We've had our cat for several months and we adopted her from a shelter. She's about 2 or 3 years old, by the way. Anyways, she is declawed and fixed but she has a major biting problem. She bites our roommate, and today she bit me in the face on my chin and broke the skin. I have never been mean to her, or hit her..but she's very snappy with people. I was petting her when I got home today and usually when I pick her up she's cool...but she just snapped today and it really surprised me. I was being gentle with her, and I always am... Does anyone else have this problem with their cats? I really like her, and don't want to give her back to the shelter but I also don't want a cat that bites people for no reason. :( I think maybe she was abused, possibly...or maybe since she doesn't have her claws she is more defensive and thought I was going to hurt her. Any advice is appreciated, I know this is a kind of weird question... I've seen weirder questions on SHO though ;)

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
It's pretty normal for a lot of cats to bite, although it can get a bit irritating. You can try getting a spray bottle filled with water and see if that helps at all.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
if you declaw they will usually bit alot cause they cant scratch you
my friend accidently had his cat declawed and now its a bitch
how would you feel if somebody chopped off the first index of your fingers... i would be a bitch and bit alot too

our 2 cats arnt declawed... just get them a post and if they start doing it on chair or whatever... discipline them

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bobbinika said:
how would you feel if somebody chopped off the first index of your fingers... i would be a bitch and bit alot too

our 2 cats arnt declawed... just get them a post and if they start doing it on chair or whatever... discipline them
I'd be pissed too if I was missing part of my fingers, but the thing that made me mad is I did nothing to deserve getting bit in the face. I just won't pick her up anymore, or if I do I will keep her a safe distance from my face...

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
hatchbackgirl said:
Hey, I know this is a totally weird post but I need some help here. We've had our cat for several months and we adopted her from a shelter. She's about 2 or 3 years old, by the way. Anyways, she is declawed and fixed but she has a major biting problem. She bites our roommate, and today she bit me in the face on my chin and broke the skin. I have never been mean to her, or hit her..but she's very snappy with people. I was petting her when I got home today and usually when I pick her up she's cool...but she just snapped today and it really surprised me. I was being gentle with her, and I always am... Does anyone else have this problem with their cats? I really like her, and don't want to give her back to the shelter but I also don't want a cat that bites people for no reason. :( I think maybe she was abused, possibly...or maybe since she doesn't have her claws she is more defensive and thought I was going to hurt her. Any advice is appreciated, I know this is a kind of weird question... I've seen weirder questions on SHO though ;)
HAHA! I had my last cat for 15+ years; I guess it was
around year 13, she was on my stomach, (lying down
in bed), and she just went for the face :eek. No blood
drawn, but it was pretty freaky. She stopped just before
she bit me; it was pretty weird. "Kitty Alzheimer's"?

·
Registered
52 Posts
teg711 said:
It's pretty normal for a lot of cats to bite, although it can get a bit irritating. You can try getting a spray bottle filled with water and see if that helps at all.

DUDE i Fuck my cat up when shes being a bitch with the spray bottle hahaha.. Fuckin cats think they're the shit, till you fuck em up with the spray bottle Lol :clap

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, it totally freaked me out too. I didn't expect it, and I was REALLY mad. I didn't hit her or anything. After she did it, I put her on the floor and yelled at her and said "NO! BAD KITTY" She knew I was pissed... After a couple of minutes she came into the kitchen over by me and meowed like she wanted me to pet her and like nothing happened. UGH! She totally has Alzheimers! Today she was being nice and let me pet her and she was licking me. I'm just not going to pick her up anymore, I guess.... Crazy ass cat...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
hatchbackgirl said:

I got an abused cat thats ten from a shelter. She used to bite sometimes, and when she did i would just hold her down so she cant bite and scold her. She still hisses at people when she isnt in the mood to be pet but she doesnt bite anymore

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
bobbinika said:

accidentally? whoops... I meant to get you dewormed but they took your claws out, my bad. :lol

There are a lot of misconceptions about declawing, yes it is like modifying their fingers, but all of the rumors about them not being able to feel shit because of cut nerve endings is bullshit. I have two cats, one declawed in front (that's how I suggest doing it), the other is still a kitten and have not had a chance to get him declawed. The declawed one nips a little but it's more playful then anything.

Funkmasterjay said:
DUDE i Fuck my cat up when shes being a bitch with the spray bottle hahaha.. Fuckin cats think they're the shit, till you fuck em up with the spray bottle Lol :clap
I don't know about "fuck em up", if you do anything too much their entire personalities can change because they'll constantly feel threatenend.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
logikal x said:
I got an abused cat thats ten from a shelter. She used to bite sometimes, and when she did i would just hold her down so she cant bite and scold her. She still hisses at people when she isnt in the mood to be pet but she doesnt bite anymore
By the way, your cat is cute. Next time she tries to bite me I will try holding her down, I think she was trying to tell me she was sorry when she came into the kitchen after she bit me and looked at me with sad eyes and did an innocent little "meow". She's a psycho.... :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
hatchbackgirl said:
By the way, your cat is cute. Next time she tries to bite me I will try holding her down, I think she was trying to tell me she was sorry when she came into the kitchen after she bit me and looked at me with sad eyes and did an innocent little "meow". She's a psycho.... :rolleyes

Thanks. I love my cat. Seriously ive had her a year, it took probably 6 months before she stopped biting. I was sick of it though, i wanted to pet her, and she wouldnt let me, so i pinned her and pet her. She finally realized that; hey maybe this kid doesnt want to hurt me. Its all about getting their trust

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
hatchbackgirl said:
kill it....easy as that...cats are a fucking waste of time and life....now you know the reason you got it at a shelter....the last people that had it were like FUCK this cat..... :evil

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HIMSA said:
kill it....easy as that...cats are a fucking waste of time and life....now you know the reason you got it at a shelter....the last people that had it were like FUCK this cat..... :evil
I think that's being a little too harsh. I would give her more time before I gave her back to the shelter. Our roommate was playing with her the other day and she attacked him and really messed his arms up with her teeth. I swear he has like 8 scratches and she drew blood. I think she might be satan spawn... eeek!!! :eek

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
hatchbackgirl said:
I think that's being a little too harsh. I would give her more time before I gave her back to the shelter. Our roommate was playing with her the other day and she attacked him and really messed his arms up with her teeth. I swear he has like 8 scratches and she drew blood. I think she might be satan spawn... eeek!!! :eek
if that cat did that to me...it would have been BOOTED across the ROOM!!!!!! :number1 GOAL!!!!! :w00t :w00t :w00t :clap

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
HIMSA said:
if that cat did that to me...it would have been BOOTED across the ROOM!!!!!! :number1 GOAL!!!!! :w00t :w00t :w00t :clap
HAHA! The water bottle idea sounds better/more humane.
Wild cats will act like this, forever. If you got yours from
a shelter, it might've been wild to begin with. I once
managed to "tame" a wild cat enough to pet her, but
she'd freak to holy hell whenever I tried to pick her up.
Just have to be patient; I fed that cat, for two months,
at least, before she let me even touch her. Pussies! :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
BlueBallz said:
HAHA! The water bottle idea sounds better/more humane.
Wild cats will act like this, forever. If you got yours from
a shelter, it might've been wild to begin with. I once
managed to "tame" a wild cat enough to pet her, but
she'd freak to holy hell whenever I tried to pick her up.
Just have to be patient; I fed that cat, for two months,
at least, before she let me even touch her. Pussies! :rolleyes

Its true my cat is similar. She warmed up to me really fast (a day or two) but other people she is very timid. Im telling you tho cats HATE HATE HATE being sprayed with water, and its not painful for them, so its a very effective and humane tool. I used it to get her to stop tearing at my furniture. I have two carpet pieces i let her rip up and i have her trained pretty well to them. What sucks is every time i buy a new carpet she thinks its a new addition to her tear carpets and i have to train her off them every time

@teg711, you are the man :tu

·
Registered
415 Posts
I just had to put my cat down last month because she was sick :( I got her when she was a kitten at a farm and she was deaf and retarted. she also had be kicked by a horse. we had her declawed when she was old 'enuff. she started biting after that. wasnt to bad at first but it got worse after a lil while and then she started using her rear claws and really doing a number to you. she bit me once and got my ear and gave me a blood infection and put me in the hospital for a month. I tryed using water to scare her but I quicky learned I had one of thos weird cats that like water. I never really got her to stop biting but I found when she was good and just let you pet her and what-not I gave her a treat and she learned slowly not to bite. she never really stopped biting. but it got better. I dont think you'll ever get a cat to totaly stop biting.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
K_r_a_c_k_e_r said:
I just had to put my cat down last month because she was sick :( I got her when she was a kitten at a farm and she was deaf and retarted. she also had be kicked by a horse. we had her declawed when she was old 'enuff. she started biting after that. wasnt to bad at first but it got worse after a lil while and then she started using her rear claws and really doing a number to you. she bit me once and got my ear and gave me a blood infection and put me in the hospital for a month. I tryed using water to scare her but I quicky learned I had one of thos weird cats that like water. I never really got her to stop biting but I found when she was good and just let you pet her and what-not I gave her a treat and she learned slowly not to bite. she never really stopped biting. but it got better. I dont think you'll ever get a cat to totaly stop biting.

Nah man my cat hasnt bitten anyone in probably 6 months and she bit almost every day for the first month i had her. Sucks that your cat was untameable but pets just arent supposed to bite, same thing with dogs.(unless its a hamster or something insanely dumb...But i even tamed my rat enough to never bite)

Anyways your car is awesome. You ever do anything to it since the suspension?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts