Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black hood on my civic, And ive tryed waxing it (was in the sun baked on there like shit), Yet the hood still comes out with greases streaks?
I washed the hood before hand but no goo, i have a picture here

As you can see, its blochy.

I was wondering if anyone had any products maybe suggestions?

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
dish soap, warm water, clean hands, and a soft clotch

squirt the soap over it, use your fingers and smear it around. dump some water on it, work it more. then rinse off, and use a soft cloth to dry.

let us know how that works

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Black is renowned for fading or goes a satin colour due to sun and contamination.
Wax is no good it's just a protective coating for the paint. You need to use a polish.
Polish is a fine cutting compound that removes a layer of paint.
Best one I've seen is "Zymol CLEANER" wax. It removes all muck and residue from the paint and it removes swirl marks and light scratches from the paint and its a wax so protects the paint too.
If that don't work you need to get some polishing compound you can get colour ones that help add colour such as "T cut black".
"T Cut" the whole bonnet then WAX it. You ll be amazed but you'll have to do the whole car after that. :)
Spend some time on the car and it will have a glass finish!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Get a rotary buffer, a gentle polishing pad (black or red), I prefer the waffled red pads for black. Slowly and gently work a fine cutting compound evenly over the hood. Use a swirl mark remover, followed by a glaze. Experiment with different brands of compounds and polishes as what I prefer you may think is shit. Your hood looks like hell as it is, so no better time to practice and experiment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts