Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the front right tire on my 00 civic si blew out yesterday juss turning onto a road, didnt hit anything. im on a spare, and wondering how long it can last me.

how much would a new tire be cause the hole is on the side of the tire. should i get another michilen 195/55/15 tire or can i get a cheaper alternative? like dunlop?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
i believe that you arent supposed to go over 50 miles and nothing over 50 mph on a donut. as for the replacement, get another michilen.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much do those michilens usually cost, around here the cheapest i found for a single tire was like 119. expensive as hell

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Our size is a weird one. I got a flat last winter and I lucked out at the local tire place. The guy had three Dunlop there that someone ordered but never got. I picked up two tires for 80 bucks or so; balanced and rotated if I remebered. He wanted to get rid of them because no one uses them.

But getting back on track, I would try to pick up two if your other tires are a little worn so you could rotate your shit better. Thats what I have, two mich and two dunlop.

Peace:D

·
Registered
485 Posts
yeah the si has a weird tire size... i just checked tire prices for mine around where i live and the stock michelin's were real expensive... 159.15 a tire... kuhmo was 85.15 a tire and nitto was 89.50 a tire... it would be a good idea to get 2 so u can rotate them... and the donut your not supposed to go over 50 mph and no more than 50 miles...

·
Registered
638 Posts
do wat i did

I had two bad tires dat needed changing..so i just upgraded all 4 ..from 15 stock si..to 17 inch rims..ahah...naw..just get new tires..umm..tirerack.com...some of my buddies ordered some pirellis for 40 bucks a piece..free shipping...

·
Registered
753 Posts
If they are the stock tires, dump them. Tehy suck to begin with. Go to tirerack.com and buy some new, stickier tires. I just bought some Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position for $79 a piece.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do u guys think about the Kumho
ECSTA Supra 712 tires, they are 64 a piece at tirerack.com and the reviews look pretty good. how much would shipping be? and do shops charge alot to install the new tires?

·
Registered
836 Posts
i have the kumho 712's and like, they're a pretty good tire... most people seem to like them. Although... since december i have gotten 3 flat tires (that might also be beacuse i've driven 26k since then).

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, my dad took the car to one of his friends, and got 2 new front tires. they are called Toyo Proxes T1-S. I never heard of these tires, are they any good? they seem much better than the stock michilens, i can already tell.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had one bad michellin and instead of replacing the one for like $180 installed I decided to get a set of Kuhmo's for $300 installed. The Kuhmo's are great!!:D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
MAKE SURE YOU SWITCH YOUR SPARE ! ! ! ! ! !

You Should Really Put The Spare Tire On The Rear Wheels And Put A Better Tire On The Front Because The 00 Si Is Front Wheel Drive And My Buddy Told Me That Its Not Good For The Axel And Suspension to Have A Spare On The Front.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts