Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
if your talkign about the mating surface with the head gasket, yes it can be done, and its a wise thing to have done

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
infinatenexus said:
if your talkign about the mating surface with the head gasket, yes it can be done, and its a wise thing to have done
yes that is what i am talking about (sorry for not clarifying that earlier), so you can resurface the block to remove all imperfections/warping etc correct?

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
infinatenexus said:
its added insurance, just like the copper spray a gasket

ic......so what is the factory clearance on a d-series block that can be resurfaced/removed?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Honestly I have no clue on what the actuail spec is. I know they remove like five thousandths of material when they do it, and thats an extream case.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got the spec i was looking for, the maximum amount that can be taken off of a b16a block is .004" or .10mm

·
Registered
514 Posts
temp

when i took my b18c1 block to the machine it was a little warped so he "decked " the block, it was decked 10 thousand , he told me to use the stock gasket, i never had any problems , my head was milled 6 thousand, i also have b16 pistons i've had no problems, even when i used big cams, i think my compression was aroung 11.7 11.8,

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NyceCx said:
temp

when i took my b18c1 block to the machine it was a little warped so he "decked " the block, it was decked 10 thousand , he told me to use the stock gasket, i never had any problems , my head was milled 6 thousand, i also have b16 pistons i've had no problems, even when i used big cams, i think my compression was aroung 11.7 11.8,
that cool, i will just tell them to resurface, hot tank, bore, and hone the block, then i will get everything statically and dynamically balanced

1 - 14 of 14 Posts