Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a planned build, I definatelly would like having my h22a (97-01 base model) sleeved with the intention of putting moderate boost (10psi semi-daily 19psi when I occasionally want it) into it. I have looked around a little bit and have come across compaines such as Import Builders and Golden Eagle. I recall already reading a few comments by people where they recommended GE, but also remember preludedriver99's fiasco with them. So my question is who do you guys recommend? IB Stage 2 sleeve is $900 and no price on GE's website.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have Dartons

They weren't cheap, but if your looking to sleeve, your not looking to do a cheap mod. I had them done at a local race shop, with whom I have had work done before. They do not do remote work, but if your in the Central Florida area, they are hands down, the best local tuners. They are responsible for a slew of current FWD record holders, not 10 year old record holders, like some shops around here...(and a Supra or 2...)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
ShellComplex said:
On a planned build, I definatelly would like having my h22a (97-01 base model) sleeved with the intention of putting moderate boost (10psi semi-daily 19psi when I occasionally want it) into it. I have looked around a little bit and have come across compaines such as Import Builders and Golden Eagle. I recall already reading a few comments by people where they recommended GE, but also remember preludedriver99's fiasco with them. So my question is who do you guys recommend? IB Stage 2 sleeve is $900 and no price on GE's website.

i would go to golden eagle and not IB cause that scumbag ripped me off once and i know for a fact golden eagle has some of the best sleeves out there they have been doing it with honda blocks for quite sometime. old golden eagle sleeves back in like 98-99 would leak and coolant would be all up in your oil and they even included this silver shit to put in you coolant to help them seal but that was the past. i would go golden eagle and not skimp on scummy ass jeff at IB he sucks and owes me 117 bucks to this day, i think anybody who has a investment scam on there website should be avoided, let's stick to the point of sleeving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.