Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so every once in a while ill ask my sister for a favor and she'll bitch that shes too busy with school work or what not, and im fine with that. What ticks me off is every time I go in her room all shes ever doing is browsing myspace. Occasionally ill log into myspace while shes 'busy doing homework' and ill see she posts surveys and bullitens and what not.

So I want to give her a little payback. Ive read about programs that you can use with your router to monitor other computers, block websites, etc..more for child safety and stuff like that.

What is a good program thats easy to use that will allow me to block some websites? Also something that she wont be able to get access to and undo it.

Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
why do you want to "monitor" other computers? if your just looking to block myspace then why not use IE's Content Advisor feature to block that site?

anyways, my sister is addicted to that myspace shit too..

what would really be funny is some how every time a person goes to a site they are redirected to a fake site that says something like "due to legislation, myspace.com will be shut down indefinitely" or some random bs like that..

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well im trying to block it from my computer through the router, without actually physically going on her computer.

I remember reading about this guy who used a similiar program to monitor his daughter. With this program he could block websites/unblock stuff as he pleases. Thats kinda what im looking for, I could care less about what she does online, im not trying to monitor her.

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
AEgeus said:
Your router probably has some kind of content manager or something. loginto the router and look around.
yea what he said lol

what type of router do you have, manufacturer and model?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.