Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Civic with a B18C5, everything was running smoothly as i was driving down the highway when I started to feel the engine start to struggle. Then when I got off the highway i turned right and put it in second and when i gave it gas it the rpms would go up then down then up and down as i accelerated. (think of it as when u first started to drive stick how the car jerks back and forth) A friend told me it was going to be my puny fuel pump so i changed it for a Walbro and i can still feel it. The car even died on me at a stop light! I know its not the clutch because it's a performance clutch and i haven't driven it hard at all EVER. Help!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved

I took it to the shop that usually tunes my car. At first they could not find out what the problem was, they even asked me if i over rev it, (which i know i didn't cause i drive it like a luxury car unless someone wants to flex). They said it was going to be a bent valve. Which was unusual because i have racing valves with racing springs and titanium retainers. so my car was being tested and looked at for like 5 hours, and towards the end of the day they found out it was a faulty TPS (throttle position sensor) got that fixed and took it home like it was new. Raced an M3 on highway and beat him easily Gotta love my B18C5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts