Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a choice of getting the greddy type s bov and the blitz bov for my homemade t3 turbo setup. i can get these two bov's for the relatively the same price. what i was wondering is which one is the better choice, and which one is louder?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
get your stuff straight before giving buying advice to someone

- civperc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
896 Posts
if you want a LOUD bov, get this one :D




TuboXs Blow Off Valve H-RFL
NOTE: This valve is Really F'n Loud! Do not get this valve unless you want to be noticed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
civic perc

Hey civic perc-- not mad just curious on how the hell you did that?!? LoL .. I still would go with the Blitz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
blitz is way louder than greddy type s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
dug said:
if you want a LOUD bov, get this one :D




TuboXs Blow Off Valve H-RFL
NOTE: This valve is Really F'n Loud! Do not get this valve unless you want to be noticed!
that thing is loud enough to wake the dead...

vote goes to hks super seq
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,356 Posts
I'm not down with the blitz, I've heard it and it sounds like poop. plus, quite a few people have had trouble with it functioning properly, just like the HKS SS.

GReddy (<----quality) type-s all the way.

if it couldnt be the GReddy tho, I'd go TurboXS (<---also quality).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
civperc said:
I'm not down with the blitz, I've heard it and it sounds like poop. plus, quite a few people have had trouble with it functioning properly, just like the HKS SS.

GReddy (<----quality) type-s all the way.

if it couldnt be the GReddy tho, I'd go TurboXS (<---also quality).

well i haven't had trouble with my hks ss. what should i expect. i heard greddy too and the sound is not that nice to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
dose anyone have some sound clip of there BOV?? i would like to hear them ..
hey hawjdude i see you are running a delt wastegate i have heard bad thing about them . have you run into any problem with it yet ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
oldcoyote said:
dose anyone have some sound clip of there BOV?? i would like to hear them ..
hey hawjdude i see you are running a delt wastegate i have heard bad thing about them . have you run into any problem with it yet ???
i don't have any problems with the delta wastegate. Don't believe everything you hear until you done it yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
that's cool is it a new one or a older one? i just hear it has boost spikes that all ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
hawjdude said:
i don't have any problems with the delta wastegate. Don't believe everything you hear until you done it yourself.
how much boost can your wastegate handle??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,356 Posts
hawjdude said:
i don't have any problems with the delta wastegate. Don't believe everything you hear until you done it yourself.

I'll never recommend a Dealtagate. I've witnessed too many engines blow due to those shitty wastegates creating boost creep/spikes. Tial owns, bottom line.
 

·
Retired *********
Joined
·
4,663 Posts
oldcoyote said:
dose anyone have some sound clip of there BOV?? i would like to hear them ..
Yeah, check out the link I posted on the first page. Lots of sound clips there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
civperc said:
I'll never recommend a Dealtagate. I've witnessed too many engines blow due to those shitty wastegates creating boost creep/spikes. Tial owns, bottom line.
Is there like a time period until that happens? Nothings happen to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
i did had some good clips wounder if there was anymore i was thinking about useing a 1G BOV anyone know how that sounds ? i dont was a super load one but one i can hear would be nice ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
does it really matter how it sounds? the 1g BOV can hold up to 22 psi... thats enough for 99% of the turbo people on this board... there are no adjusters on that BOV either like the greddy... thats whe downside to the greddy, and from FIRST HAND experience, ive come to realize that the greddy can be kind of annoying since you have to adjust it so it can make the right noise and get rid of that annoying flutter
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top