Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Install another engine and sell it. You will make alot more than you would parting it out. Plus, you won't have an eyesore parts car in the yard. You migh get about $2,000-$3,000 depending on everything.

·
Registered
453 Posts
depends what you are planning to do with the car...

If your going to sell it drop a h23 (used motor 500-800 dollars).
Dont plan on parting out the car quick if you need the money and have parents who want the car out of the backyard.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
BoostinLude said:
If you got some experience you can fix whatever fixed prob. unless you got a hole in the block. But swapping it is no big deal
i agree

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was planning on droping a new motor in it. im a beginner mechanic how hard would it be to swap in a h23. i wanna put in a h22 what would that entail?
Also does anyone know any good places to get a h22 motor or h23?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
eclipsedlude said:
i was planning on droping a new motor in it. im a beginner mechanic how hard would it be to swap in a h23. i wanna put in a h22 what would that entail?
junkyard, dealer, honda shop. or brand new= www.hmotorsonline.com

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
ksniperfox said:
junkyard, dealer, honda shop. or brand new= www.hmotorsonline.com
ummmm...hmotors sells used engines. i'm pretty sure there is no way in hell you're going to be able to buy a new motor ANYWHERE. maybe at honda but even then i fully doubt it.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
WillyG said:
ummmm...hmotors sells used engines. i'm pretty sure there is no way in hell you're going to be able to buy a new motor ANYWHERE. maybe at honda but even then i fully doubt it.
You can buy a brand new, all American B18C from Dart. You can buy a new H22 from Honda, but you have to pay out the ass for each individual part.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
You can buy a brand new, all American B18C from Dart. You can buy a new H22 from Honda, but you have to pay out the ass for each individual part.

well the main point was that Hmotors does not sell new engines...they are all used. I wouldn't want the OP getting confused. Im sure he's probably smarter than that though. :)

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
eclipsedlude said:
depends on your definition of "beginner" :aww

i would honestly say that swapping a motor is easier than doing a T-belt. not that you asked about T-belts, but its something to compare it to lol.

basically, if you can unplug and unbolt stuff then you can swap a motor lol. putting an h22 in would mean that you'll need to add a wire or two and plug in another ECU, but that goes back to unplugging and unbolting stuff

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
94PreludeJDM said:
While it's out, might as well build it...although you did say you were short on cash, but depending on how short...
Yeah i dont have enough money to build one. ill probally build one in a few years but right now ill just buy a h22. i wanna boost it to. i would get a h23 for boost due to the lower compression but i dont really want to drag or race my lude. just want something special.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
crdcz03 said:
depends on your definition of "beginner" :aww

i would honestly say that swapping a motor is easier than doing a T-belt. not that you asked about T-belts, but its something to compare it to lol.

basically, if you can unplug and unbolt stuff then you can swap a motor lol. putting an h22 in would mean that you'll need to add a wire or two and plug in another ECU, but that goes back to unplugging and unbolting stuff
ok i can do that im good at pluging in things. by "beginner" i basically mean im fresh blood to the "tuning culture". Thax for the help

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
eclipsedlude said:
ok i can do that im good at pluging in things. by "beginner" i basically mean im fresh blood to the "tuning culture". Thax for the help
well if you're mechanically inclined then you can most likely do it, it will just take a while.

its all good. when you get another motor im sure you'll post and then ill give you the run down :tu

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.