Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im pretty sure i threw a rod or did something cause it just knocks like crazy when i start it. im fucking pissed. and thats all there is to it. so i dont know what to do. i dont want to put 4,000 into a new engine and have my car only be worth 4-5000 when im done. i dunno what to do now.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
whynot just replace the same engine? you could even build your old one while its out of the car..for turbo? itd be much cheaper to just fix/replace the one u got already..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if its fixable...yea. but i dunno. its just a pos standard s version anyway.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
93solmccoy said:
if its fixable...yea. but i dunno. its just a pos standard s version anyway.
well, whats your budget? its a drop in swap for the d16z6 Si motor..or you could fix the prob and swap on a z6 head for dirt cheap too.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
thepartstrader.com

z6 full swaps for like 600 all day long
and teh d15 you have people just about give away
(actually when i picked up my last tranny the guy also had a d15 and said if you can get it in your car take it)

its not the end of the world bro.....im on my 6th motor

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have 1,800. and i have to pay for someone to do it. so thats a bunch of labor costs.

and it feels like the end of the world. especially since i have been saving that money for a while now. and i wasnt planning on saving it for that bs. well and im 18. and have been working at carl's jr for a year.

and i only have about 4-6 months left to work on it. then im on my way to the air force.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
93solmccoy said:
i have 1,800. and i have to pay for someone to do it. so thats a bunch of labor costs.

and it feels like the end of the world. especially since i have been saving that money for a while now. and i wasnt planning on saving it for that bs. well and im 18. and have been working at carl's jr for a year.

and i only have about 4-6 months left to work on it. then im on my way to the air force.
Well then at least you dont have to worry about college costing you money. With 1800 I's say do what ksniper said earlier, swap in a d16z6, they dont cost that much. Otherwise just rebuild or replace yours. Its up to you man.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so heres the deal. i can either go with a junkyard motor with 105k miles. and have it thrown in for 1100. or he said he could just buy a block and completely overhaul it for 1600.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
93solmccoy said:
ok so heres the deal. i can either go with a junkyard motor with 105k miles. and have it thrown in for 1100. or he said he could just buy a block and completely overhaul it for 1600.

thats for a d15?

fuck that shit

GO TO thepartstrader.com

you could have a z6 motor and tranny for that much

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
build up a d16z6 and turbo that bish

if you are lookin for some good performance you should get:

Eagle rods: $300
Pistons: $200 average (you will need "Floating Wrist Pin" pistons) for the eagle rods.
Flywheel/clutch combo: $300 or less
Performance valves: $120
machine work (including notching the block for the eagle rods) $200 or so..

^that is a very decent setup for very close to a grand.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Kabooki said:

Pistons: $200 average (you will need "Floating Wrist Pin" pistons) for the eagle rods.

true, but then hes either gotta know his shit to put it together or have the $ for someone else who does know their shit. and i looked at low comp forged pistons by some company that started with a c, forgot the name, but they were 700 for the set.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
ksniperfox said:
true, but then hes either gotta know his shit to put it together or have the $ for someone else who does know their shit. and i looked at low comp forged pistons by some company that started with a c, forgot the name, but they were 700 for the set.
Well i dont have $ and i sure as hell didnt know what i was doing. Mostly you just need an interest and motivation to accomplish ANYTHING. Its also about who you know since I know a guy that has his own shop he let me do my build there and told me step by step as I pulled the motor apart then put it back together.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Kabooki said:

pistons for 200?? what kind?..mine were like 500

flywheel/clutch...like 200 EACH for anyhitng decent....whos your parts guy, i wanna get to know that mofo

·
Registered
83 Posts
All this engine talk is motivating me to build a motor. I’m currently looking for a B18 or B20 block to start building in my backyard.

93solmccoy you should just drop a new S motor in there and just keep stacking your do for a real swap. I hate my Z6. Its toooo damn slow for me. I’m just saying if you’re going to spend more than a grand on a swap, you should get a good one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well its already in progress i should have it back by tuesday. all he did was get a junk yard motor for 400 dollars. with 105k miles on it. and hes changing the timing chain and spark plugs and a bunch of other stuff then dropping it in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.