Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is the dilemma, I blew a fuse the other day and am baffled as to why and what the problem could be. The fuse is the ACG-S. The shop replaced the fuse and after a 20 minutes of driving the car died again. Sounds like ignition to me but then again it sounds like it's not getting any fuel. Its been at the shop for a few days now and they are unsure what the problem is as well (they work on Nissan and Toyota most of the time). any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hobie237 said:
does it crank? if so, check for spark... i'm betting its a short in the ignition circuit
It turns over. I talked to a friend and it looks like it may be a current flow problem between the ignition and ecu. thinking about going back to a stock ignition system again.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
miikail said:
It turns over. I talked to a friend and it looks like it may be a current flow problem between the ignition and ecu. thinking about going back to a stock ignition system again.

well....it has to be a current problem....fuses only regulate current...hence the amps.

I would check to see which fuse blew....then on that circuit...what you modified......then break it down from there.

·
Registered
333 Posts
lOOkatme said:
well....it has to be a current problem....fuses only regulate current...hence the amps.

I would check to see which fuse blew....then on that circuit...what you modified......then break it down from there.
Yip. Process of elimination. Dirty connection=loss of voltage=whatever's hanging off that fuse trying to pull more current to make up for the power loss=blown fuse...OR...possibly frayed / loose wire intermittently touching a ground. By the sounds of it, its not a 'hard' fault else the fuse would be going at switch-on.
Dunno what that fuse is for, but as lOOkatme says, a good bet would be to start looking at anything added or modded on that circuit.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The blown fuse is the ECU fuse. There is a short somewhere but the shop doesn't want to take the time to look at it because they are busy with big projects. there are only a couple things aftermarket wired into the harness, ECU, Ignitions system, resistor box and 3bar map sensor. is it that hard to find a problem in one of these four areas? is this normal for shops? this is the third time this has happened. the shop gets the car finished with all the big shit, get the car tuned and they fix a few small problems in the beginning that were pretty much left over or worn out. then when there's something gonna take time to troubleshoot it gets put on the backburner. why in the hell can't i find a shop that can finish what they've started. i would like to do the work myself but with my current situation because of an accident i can't. the problem is that there has been so many hands in the engine bay that there is no telling what has been done wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.