Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not so sure I know what's wrong with my car.
I was driving down the freeway, then the radio and speedo started going haywire. I turned around and pulled into my driveway, popped the hood and noticed a blown fuze, the BACK UP fuze (7.5 amp) I'm not sure what that fuze does... heh
Anyway, I replaced it, and kept driving, 5 minutes later, the electrics go crazy again and (interestingly enough) I get pulled over by CHP. after my tickets, I try and start the car, won't start, I figure the batts dead, cop gives me a jump, and the car starts right away, then as I'm sitting there, it dies, I try to start it and get this weird buzzing sound, not the clicking sound like a dead battery.
anyway, please help if possible? could this be my alternator or distributor?

·
Registered
471 Posts
first off why the fuck did u get pulled over? That sux. if a fuse blows it could be anything to do with the engine wiring, that going to sux to fix, if your lights come on your battery is ok, have it tested and recharged. if your battery posts have caked on corrosion they need to be cleaned and that would fix the problem. loose battery connections old, bad ground wires, etc. if all that's i would say the starter. test it if it's bad get a rebuild kit.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
as i told someone earlier if you have an electrical problem its one of three things ground, break, short. so what you need to do is check your battery for correct voltage, then your fuses for correct resistance, then check for grounds. then through that you should be able to determine your problem

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got pulled over for not having my tags on, the car's registered but I don't have my tags on there, no biggie :D

anyway, the + batt cable has been sorta loose for a while, but it's on now so I dunno.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
ol'skoolrex_PH said:
got pulled over for not having my tags on, the car's registered but I don't have my tags on there, no biggie :D

anyway, the + batt cable has been sorta loose for a while, but it's on now so I dunno.
well that would maybe explain things if it goes on and off 1 you wouldnt be able to start the car, you ECU may be being flahsed constintly and such and you may have you lights flicker too, sometimes its soo simple

1 - 5 of 5 Posts