Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
almost ANY honda motor is interchangeable in Almost ANY honda/acura...but i have seen alot of people putting K series motors in your model....wich i would take over a b but thats if you got the $$$$$$$

·
Registered
281 Posts
LXracer1 said:
i know those k20s' arent cheap but would it be better to get another stock lx motor or just fork out the money and get a kick ass engine.
depends what you want out of it, if you want performance i would get the k series. of course if you can afford it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blackouthx said:
depends what you want out of it, if you want performance i would get the k series. of course if you can afford it.
i have been calling places and they are charging $900 for a Lx motor and $3500 for a k series motor, i am leaning towards LX because for $3500 i can put a down payment on a SRT-4 or something

·
Registered
150 Posts
well the good thing about K series is that they are very repsonsive to bolt-on's so if you did that swap it wouldnt take that much money to make improvments...wich is good because usually people go broke just doing the swap its self..

now if you want boost...thats gana be ALOT of money to swap a K and boost it...so there your best bet would be an h22 or B series...

or if all else fails rebuild your stock motor, sleve it, build the head and then boost it...which just might be cheaper than the other options

·
Registered
150 Posts
LXracer1 said:
i have been calling places and they are charging $900 for a Lx motor and $3500 for a k series motor, i am leaning towards LX because for $3500 i can put a down payment on a SRT-4 or something

holy crap 900?? i know a junk yard where i can get a b18B swap comeplte for just under that much...you can definatley find your motor cheeper somwhere else

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NCaccord said:
holy crap 900?? i know a junk yard where i can get a b18B swap comeplte for just under that much...you can definatley find your motor cheeper somwhere else

That place is a Honda junkyard, i would think they would be cheaper than any other place.

·
Registered
150 Posts
for a stock motor check ebay...just remember buy from Online companys...NO lie i once saw a stock motor for my 99 accord sell for $65..its unbelievable but true...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.