Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guyz...i just recently had a tire where the inside tread, as in the side of the tire that you can't see,just peeled off. the tired didn't bust or anything. I noticed it when the peeled tread was hiting myinside fender making noises. I'm dropped on H&r springs lowering it 1.4 inches all arouind on factory shocks. Does anybody know why my inside tread peeled off like that? Is it b/c my shockss are blown? And how do you know if your shocks are blown or not... thanx...=Diem

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
did you ever get an alignment after you lowered your ride???

usually its bad toe in.

otherwise its bad camber.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Your inside thread blew because you probably didn't use a camber kit after lowering. I only lowered like 1", less than all the other guys on this board and just recently my tire blew. I took it off and saw that the inside inch of the tire was worn down to the bone. If you are lowered more than that then you will probably have to replace your tires every 1.5 years or less.

·
Registered
601 Posts
AdonLude said:
Your inside thread blew because you probably didn't use a camber kit after lowering. I only lowered like 1", less than all the other guys on this board and just recently my tire blew.

I'm dropped 2.25", don't have camber kits and don't have a camber wear problem. I go through a set of Azenis once a year anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.