Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys finally decided to probably go with the blox manifold for my gsr. Just wondering does it have the fitment issues for the studs like the skunk2? I've heard rumors of yes and no. Just looking for someone who has had experience with the installation to know for sure. Thanks

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
mugenteggy said:
Ok guys finally decided to probably go with the blox manifold for my gsr. Just wondering does it have the fitment issues for the studs like the skunk2? I've heard rumors of yes and no. Just looking for someone who has had experience with the installation to know for sure. Thanks
blox will fit perfectly fine. u should not have any issues with fitment. if u have a CAI u will need to get rid of it bc the throttle body will sit about an inch or so higher than it did with the stock GSR intake mani. just get a LS or Type R CAI and u should have no problems. if u dont have a CAI then no need to worry u should be all gravey. and blox is same exact intake mani as the skunk2. the designer of of the skunk2 intake mani made his own company blox.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet!! thanks man. I knew that blox was formed by a couple of ex-skunk2 brains and that the mani was the same but i wasn't sure about the fitment on the head. I figured it had a small chance of being like the skunk and having to get longer studs. But thats awesome that its not. That'll save a lot of work and time. Thanks again. :clap

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thats funny. i've heard so many people bitch about the lower studs on the head being to short and they could only get a few turns on the nuts. Could you tell a difference or were your studs plenty long enough?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
mugenteggy said:
well thats funny. i've heard so many people bitch about the lower studs on the head being to short and they could only get a few turns on the nuts. Could you tell a difference or were your studs plenty long enough?
The thing bolted right on with no problems. I had somebody do it for me since i have no experience with that but from what i saw he had no problems what so ever putting it on studs were long enough from where i stood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.