Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to do this..i heard its pretty difficult and not just changing out bulbs..i already got some info from this other dude but didnt get enough..couldnt find any information on super honda site does anyone else know where i can find this or can anyone share this info on how to do it step by step w/ directions or something..Ive only seen it once on an 99 accord pic..but thought it couldnt be done..thanks craig.. email me at [email protected]

· Registered
3,194 Posts
about $100 in parts and about 10 hours of my time. based on what my work pays me that's about $500 in labor...

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blue led conversion

thats too much money for a blue led conversion..looks very nice but c'mon 600 dollars in total for the whole setup..must be a baller..but even then would a baller pay for just a light conversion that cost $600...

· Registered
70 Posts
Re: blue led conversion

cikon04 said:
thats too much money for a blue led conversion..looks very nice but c'mon 600 dollars in total for the whole setup..must be a baller..but even then would a baller pay for just a light conversion that cost $600...
He meant 100$ for parts. Since he did it himself it was FREE LABOR. So total was 100. But I think i can get parts for cheaper.

I was thinking about doing the same with my car when I come back from school.

If you guys want a link for cheap LED's.

http://www.futurlec.com/LEDGen.html

$0.35 for a 5mm Blue Led.

· Registered
3,194 Posts
only reason I spent $100 was because I did a bunch of R&D, it didn't look right the first few times around, and I consider my map lamps, door lamps, dome lamp and all interior bulbs in my $100 as well. Beware of cheap LEDs though. I can get some for $.25 and some others for $.89 but both of those had really crappy light output, anything less than 1500mcd is worthless. and yeah the labor was free, I was just stating how much I would charge someone to do it based on what my work pays me :)

· Registered
3,194 Posts
puke green is ugly as shit if you ask me. And because I can??? I already have it planned when my g35 coupe gets in, the yellow instrument cluster leaves some to be desired. It's mostly personal preference. Also LEDs will outlive the regular bulbs 10 fold.

· Registered
1,340 Posts
$500?? labor? boy your trippin... it didnt even cost me 500 bucks parts and labor to fix my camber correction all 4 wheels in addition with droppin the car.. im sorry but your askin too much...i think if i get it done professionally it be cheaper...

your interior lights looks nice..mad props...but damn 500 dollars? no way dude.. i can get another kit for that price

· Registered
3,194 Posts
Psikoticjed1 said:
$500?? labor? boy your trippin... it didnt even cost me 500 bucks parts and labor to fix my camber correction all 4 wheels in addition with droppin the car.. im sorry but your askin too much...i think if i get it done professionally it be cheaper...

your interior lights looks nice..mad props...but damn 500 dollars? no way dude.. i can get another kit for that price

that's if I were to do it, My salary is about the equivelant of about $50 an hour ($2100 a week salary), it took me 10 hours including ripping everything out, soldering, and putting everything back in. If I were to do it I'd charge $500 to make it worth my while. But I WOULDN'T DO IT, I'm an electrical engineer now, haven't installed for 10 years, I tweak on my own car, not others.

· Registered
3,194 Posts
sorry hiren, I've been meaning to send you the email back, I didn't get a chance to even touch my car, on top of work I've been having drama at home too. It's beyond rigged, I used hot glue, aluminum tape, and blue LEDs to do the odometer. I'll try my hardest to open my odometer up and take pics, but I've been sleeping at a friends house and he doesn't have a garage or tools so I'm SOL... And I still don't don't have the extra time to rip something apart that's working. The big thing was that I was hammered when I did it, so I'm not positive how I did it lol. I'm a very creative person though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.