Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard so much bout it, one thing for sure they do look very good, but prob is ppl say you wont be able to see if it's raining, all it does is look good... but then again why do latest models comes with white headlights then ? so how is it? i would really love to put them in my car...

·
Registered
271 Posts
the cars that come with the " white headlights" are high intesity discharge lights. they cost about 600 bucks if not more and work on a totally different principle than liek a halogen( i beleive current jumpin some sort of electrode???) anyway teh bulbs you can get for liek 20 bucks yes they look nice but in heavy rain if your in the country you cant see poop and they dont last very long ususally

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
the newer cars used H.I.D. (high intensity discharge) bulbs. HID does not have a filament like halogen bulbs. Instead an arc of electricity is sparked by the ballast that generates lots of voltage to do so. So when you first fire the HID it uses up more energy then halogen but once it does fire. It uses only 35watts far less then halogen at 55 watts. The arc excites/causes a chemical reaction with the metallic salts and xenon gas that creates superwhite light. and it is true that the other bulbs look good but you can't see crap on a rainy night. if you get some of those bulbs i highly recommend driving lights to go along with them to help you see the road, unless u live somewhere where it doesn't rain often.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Maybe they just want better visablity at night.
Changing bulbs should't even be considered a 'mod' if ya ask me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had those hyper-white bulbs... get those hyper-white turn sigs too. Looks awesome... Only problem I had was that the bulbs burned out after 2 months or so.

·
Registered
276 Posts
hyperwhites aren't worth it...try having them blow out every 2 months or the fact that the only reason people get them is because they are blue (it adds horsepower)...they don't do jack shit for making it brighter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts