·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW M6

500+ hp.
- 700 Nm
- 0-100km/h in about 5 sec.

THE NEW BMW M6 will make use of the 500-Plus-HP V10 of the soon-to-arrive M5. For maximum thrills, there will also be an M6 Cabrio – but not initially. It will appear after BMW has introduced the next-generation M5 early next year, and so is unlikely to hit showrooms until spring 2005.

But the flagship promises to be well worth the wait. With more than 500 HP and 700 Nm of torque on offer from an all-new 5.0-litre V10, it will be able to sprint from 0-100 km/h in around five seconds. However, European cars will be electronically restricted to 250 km/h. Even in cabrio guise, the 6 will be much less heavy than the 5-Series on which it's based, thanks to lightweight aluminium front panels and suspension subframes. For the cabrio, expect a price premium of around 4,500 Euros over the coupé.

sportscartesting

[edit, update pics below. 12/4/04]

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
At.am said:
very sleek design. i think they should do some engine upgrades to give it more power to help it disguish itself from the m5
i don't remember where but i read that the m6 will be much lighter than the m5, so that should make a lot of difference. still don't feel the design though. i like the back but the headlights look wierd. don't like how they cut the top off in a straight line, can you see what i mean? the 5 series go up more, sort of like camry headlights. looks much better imo. i'd opt for an M5 over an M6. hope the price tag isn't the same...or more than the current M's. m5 at 70 grand now..sigh. :cry: but yea, new gen of M's are gonna be sweet performance wise :D

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Ugh still don't like the 6.... The 5 looks much much better.

BTW, $70k for a new M5 is a steal IMO. It runs a 13.0 in the 1/4 mile, handles and brakes awesome, and is a full-on luxury car. That's pretty good value for $70k.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
dropttopGT said:
I don't think that is an M6... It's a 645.. All the BMW M cars
have quad tail pipes.....
uhm.. no M badge no M engine no M&M okay maybe u rite but hey it could be one of those test cars

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.