Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW has plans to build a minivan, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing the company's chief executive. "We have decided that the BMW brand will enter the segment" said Helmut Panke, "It's not a question of 'if,' but of 'what.' "

Panke declined to say what shape the new vehicle might take, but said it could be described as a "crossover," which wouldn't go on sale for at least another year.

"In the U.S. there is a movement away from the traditional minivan shape and toward crossovers that have the higher, command seating of an SUV but have a more car-like silhouette," Mr. Panke said.

caranddriver

watch out honda!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
hahahahhahahaa bye bye bimmer..

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
this country is seriously obsessed with vehicular ignorance...
station wagons? most of you wouldn't be caught dead in them...
minivans? where did this stigma come from that they're only for "soccer moms?" overseas, especially in japan (for all you hardcore jdmphiles) they are among the most popular segment among young males...

and no, these guys are mostly single with no kids...
you know the new odyssee we got in this country? what kind of crap is that?
i was actually waiting on a new odyssee for the last 2 years as i wanted a minivan. jdm odyssee = honda lagreat...
when it was time for a replacement, honda came out with the elysion (check it out on the honda.co.jp website). so, you could say i was extremely disappointed when we got a completely different model which was usdm specific.

there is a niche in japan that basically is comprised of all premium/luxury vans... think about it...
a couple of years ago, were there really any sport luxury utility vehicles?
no, for the exception of a range rover...

now the premium station wagon market is booming overseas and is starting to buzz here in the usa...

if manufacturers can market a van that is geared toward a premium market, and not to kids, i'm sure mentalities will change for the better...

all i ask is that you keep an open mind about this segment as all it takes is the right kind of styling (flared fenders?) a luxury oriented drivetrain (rwd or super awd) and first class seating like on the toyota alphard van (you gotta see them!! reclining seats with foot rests like in a maybach!)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
definitely...
station wagons are really cool...
once i decided that i didn't want the odyssee, i was leaning toward the legacy gt wagon... that's a really nice car...

but my wife fell in love with the tsx once she saw it at the acura dealer and we settled on that...

but damn, i was so close to 250 hp and awd with a good sized cargo bay.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
theflipimage said:
this country is seriously obsessed with vehicular ignorance...
station wagons? most of you wouldn't be caught dead in them...
minivans? where did this stigma come from that they're only for "soccer moms?" overseas, especially in japan (for all you hardcore jdmphiles) they are among the most popular segment among young males...

and no, these guys are mostly single with no kids...
you know the new odyssee we got in this country? what kind of crap is that?
i was actually waiting on a new odyssee for the last 2 years as i wanted a minivan. jdm odyssee = honda lagreat...
when it was time for a replacement, honda came out with the elysion (check it out on the honda.co.jp website). so, you could say i was extremely disappointed when we got a completely different model which was usdm specific.

there is a niche in japan that basically is comprised of all premium/luxury vans... think about it...
a couple of years ago, were there really any sport luxury utility vehicles?
no, for the exception of a range rover...

now the premium station wagon market is booming overseas and is starting to buzz here in the usa...

if manufacturers can market a van that is geared toward a premium market, and not to kids, i'm sure mentalities will change for the better...

all i ask is that you keep an open mind about this segment as all it takes is the right kind of styling (flared fenders?) a luxury oriented drivetrain (rwd or super awd) and first class seating like on the toyota alphard van (you gotta see them!! reclining seats with foot rests like in a maybach!)
premium minivan yes in asia but in US?? look at chrysler lux minivan. alphard, elysion sells in asia but in US or europe its very risky. price sensitive. in asian country those minivans is da BOMB.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
boostaholic said:
oooooOOOO HEEEEEX NOO~~

wuts next ferrari 360 wagon?

please BMW.. don't do this to yourself...
well ferrari did made a estate wagon onli fo the sultan of brunai darusalam.

·
Registered
21 Posts
dodolaje said:
premium minivan yes in asia but in US?? look at chrysler lux minivan. alphard, elysion sells in asia but in US or europe its very risky. price sensitive. in asian country those minivans is da BOMB.

yeah it might be a hit there where trends are differnet but it would be a FLOP here

1 - 14 of 14 Posts