Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"m sure everyone here has body dings on their car somewhere!
Very noticable if your car happens to be black or metallic color!!

Eye sore to say none the less.

I was wondering if anyone had their repairs by a PDR (paintless ding remover) technican?

What's the cost? I have a few dings on passenger side door and rear passenger side panel.

Do they have to remove the interior door panel to get to the door?

IF anyone has any experienced in this..
Please throw in your 2-5 cents..

Thanks!!

P

· Registered
113 Posts
you can get ding king for 30$ its guranteed to work or your money back as longs its not crazy..!! they had an infomercial on tv about it and my 2 of my friends used it on their car a 99'civic si and a 91 accord.. and they said it worked great and i saw the results pretty damn good..
its like "as you seen on tv" thing...

check it out..!! they also you show a video of it just click on the link..
http://www.dingkingtool.com/

you can also but it at asseenontv.com

· Registered
1,002 Posts
i've had it done on my 2000 si. i doubted how well it would look when i dropped it off. i circled each dent with a yellow crayon(black car). when i picked up the car he left the crayon circles but not a single trace of a dent. unbelievable. all in all i had 9 hail dents and there is not a trace of any. except the stock hood. got $950 from insurance. $125 for 9 dents(some pretty bad) took the the stock hood and bough a DG Motorsports c/f hood. still had several dollars left over. the price for the dents was a special price because of the amount of damage done to the area by the tornado.LaPlata md)

· Registered
43 Posts
I have to agree, those dent removers are amazing!... I had several that would have been impossible to get to from removing inside panels (some near the door pillar), and after two hours I picked the car up and it looked like new! Couldn't even tell where the dings had been; almost like magic! :)

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ding Ding Ding

Yeah I have the Ding King...
It didnt' work to well for me...
The problem I had was when u pull on the tab too hard
the ding would pop outward and make a lump/hill.
So I guess you could say it's a inverted ding...
None the less it's still visible...

I have 7 dings on my passenger door... and 5 on my rear passenger panel. 2 are very visible.. especially in direct sunlight..
A 3 inch ding not very deep.. would look like 7 inch dent.
Hurts my eye!

hmmmmmmm $125.00 for 9 dings.. isn't too bad if you're anal about the ding.

How long did they took to repair it?
I have a PDR here in california area.. and they do house call I guess.. and they will work on your vehicle.. while you're at your business... so I"m thinking it should only take 1-2 hours.

I'll have to give them a call since they give free estimate...

P.S. I'd kept my ding king.. figure I could use the glue gun for other purposes..!!

· Registered
211 Posts
i have a 97 gsR now but when i had my old 93 prelude i had my whole car walked (about 12 dents some pretty nasty)
all for $100.00 and there was no trace of dents

maybe you can get it done for a lil cheaper i think i got mine cheap cause i work at a honda dealership

· Registered
1,002 Posts
i'm extremely anal about dents and dings. i've had my car for 2 1/2 years and the only dents that i got were from hail. i was so pissed that i wouldn't even drive the car. not sure how long it took the guy though. i dropped it off and had to go to a wedding. i picked it up about 4 hours later and it was done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.