Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that has just purchased an uber clean 94 nsx. He really wants the car lowered, with a new wheel/tire combo and a body kit. I am trying to talk him out of lowering the car as the roads around here are not the greatest, and he may not enjoy the diminished ride quality. I am hoping the right body kit and wheel/tire combo will give him the visual he is looking for, while still retaining the stock ride quality. I am looking for info on GOOD quality body kits. He doesn't mind paying a fair price for good quality. I am not looking for fly by night companies with subpar workmanship. I want to do this once, and do it right. If anyone has any pics of good looking combos with details, it would be much appreciated. Any personal experiences, good or bad, are also appreciated. Thanks for you time everyone.
PS......how long until I get rid of the "brand spanking newbie" tag? lol!

Rob

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
Brand Spanking Newbie is only like ten or twenty posts I think. Don't quote me on that. Don't worry about it either. As long as you don't post things for sale for your first 50, post stupid shit, flame people for no reason, or post bullshit racing stuff, we don't mind n00bs.

I can't help ya with body kits.. Have you tried looking at Cervinis or Wings West for yourself? I don't think many ppl who still even look at this forum have NSXs. If they do, they're lurkers. I know Alex (IntegraXTR) got a newer one, but he doesn't post much. Have you tried searching the NSX forum, or just looking to see if it's been discussed before?

Personally I think the NSX looks GREAT without a body kit, and is plenty low enough to the ground to the point where I definitely would NOT put something on it that hangs lower and doesn't do a damn thing for performance. Maybe a carbon lip. Maybe.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
..I'm always shocked at how many kids get a Honda and decide to join forums for all of 5 posts max about stupid shit and leave.
That is annoying. Hopefully he's not one.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
Hey what does your screen name mean? I've been meaning to ask. Isn't AP1 a chassis code? Is it a play on that? If so, what's the rest mean?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the legit replies guys. I too believe the nsx is a great looking car as it sits, but he has seen some with kits and wheels and he just loves the look, and I can't disgree with him either. They do look really sharp. He has asked me to look into some options, and I just want to make sure that the moeny is well spent on a good quality kit, not some fly by night company building/selling junk on the internet. "Mufflerguy"? I'm a toolmaker by rade, but previous to that I ran my own Midas shop for 13 years. I still do custom header/exhaust fab on the side, if the job interests me. You can see some of my work here. Its all work for local guys around here, I don't "sell" work over the net. I build to the car. The jag at the top is mine with a GM TPI drivetrain conversion.
Pictures by mufflrguy - Photobucket

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
Cool man. I've been wondering what it would be like to run a corporate shop. I'm an independent body shop owner. I would love to have the kind of numbers the Midas name surely brings, but I'm certain at the same time that I'd hate dealing with everything that comes along with it. I have two guys that work for me very sporadically, and very little overhead, so I get away with one or three cars at a time. For now. I just opened in October though, so it's not like I prefer it this way.. Anyway like I 'said' on the other thread, I'm anxious to check out your photobucket when my bandwidth widens. I've been posting here off & on for ten years, but I haven't owned a Honda in about six. I'm still into muscle like I always have been, so I'm intrigued by this lt1 car. Every (converted) Jag I see has a carbureted 350. Kinda funny.. I was asking the guy who deleted his post about his sn, but it's cool to learn about yours. I'll report back after I peep your gallery. :)

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
Oh yeah, and to your question: Do you have pics of or links to some of the kits & rims your buddy likes? Some of the guys who used to post here might come out of lurking & tell you about them. If not, and today passes without anyone giving you good info, you could find a couple & just ask us about specific manufacturers, and maybe wheel & tire sizes, and I guarantee the active members will know something about them. Just a couple of suggestions man take 'em or leave 'em.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.