Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering if they allow you to have body kits in solo 2. I found out that vis sells the mugen kit for the teg alooooooooooot cheaper. And thats a really good aero kit. Its been wind tunnel tested and all. I want to get it but will having a body kit or wing affect ranking in solo 2?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
mrmyz said:
Hey i was wondering if they allow you to have body kits in solo 2. I found out that vis sells the mugen kit for the teg alooooooooooot cheaper. And thats a really good aero kit. Its been wind tunnel tested and all. I want to get it but will having a body kit or wing affect ranking in solo 2?
You'd be in STS/STX. Don't know the rules very well for Street Prepared, Prepared. Mod class you can do anything.

I'd personally invest the money in suspension or performance than looks. Looks are not going to make you win, plus hitting cones will just damage your $$$ body kit. And they sure are not going to make you faster or a better driver.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
mrmyz said:
:( I thought it would make a difference since th mugen kit is one of the only body kits thatare actuallly wind tunnel tested for optimum performance but if you think it isnt worh it i feel you
Wind tunnel tested at 100mph+. You're not going that fast in Solo II.

It would be a nice mod to have in STS/STX, but prolly one of the last last mods I would do if I had lots of money to spend. My front end is pretty beat up from snagging some cones.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
ajn said:
spend that money on an Evolution School (Phase I and II)

CivicSiRacer and I can tell you it is definitely worth the money.

good luck,

aj =)
AGREED!

Get stuff that makes you faster and that is mostly the DRIVER = YOU and lots of seat time.... Instructed runs and schools are awesome tools to learn with and from.

Do yourself a BIG favor BEFORE you start to mod yourself into a competitive class that you have No Hope of winning for awhile and learn to drive your car As Stock as it can be. NOT as modded as it can be.

The Driver is what wins races the car is just along for the ride.

You can't Buy skill! You Can hone it...

Good luck,

A.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
mrmyz said:
Hmmmm. Ok so theese evolutionary schols how much do they cost and how much better can they make me. Howd they work out for you. Also you guys do solo 2 alot how does that effect the car. Some one says you mess up your trannys and go through tires and clutches really fast
Here's something I like to associate: You can spend $1000 on a nice coilover system (double adjustable, adjustable sleeves, etc...) you will prolly gain .5-1 second on a 60 second course. Spend $225 on an Evolution School (http://www.autocross.com/evolution) or $50-100 on a Novice Autocross school (usually held by your local autocross club) and you will gain 4-8 seconds on the same course.

For my Evolution School we did 3 baseline runs I ran a 36.xxx - I thought I rocked and ran that course very well. My instructor jumped in and modified some things I was doing wrong. Told me to tap the brakes instead of getting on the brakes, get through the slalom differently, etc... I ended up running a 34.xx before lunch! So on a 30 second course I knocked off 2 seconds! If I had 2 seconds knocked off at the previous autocross I would have been in 1st place by ALOT!

Until the Evolution School I was placing top 20 in PAX. Afterwards I have been placing top 5 and even took my first in PAX in July.

Ask AJ and he will tell you the same thing.

About your car and autocross. My car has seen 80 or so autocrosses in 2.5 years. The only thing I have replaced are the usual wear and tear items. Tires and brake pads/rotors. I know someone with 250,000 miles on his 86 Civic and still on the same clutch. We don't do crazy burn out starts like drag racing.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
mrmyz said:
whoa cool. So itsa 1 on 1 class?
Well almost. Each instructor gets 2-3 students. You want to make sure you use crappy tires for any school cause I got about 50-60 runs that weekend. My Kumho 712s (street tires) were shaved down pretty good after that weekend.

Our Novice School I had 3 students the whole weekend. And then towards the end of the day the 3 instructors started swapping students incase the one instructor didn't cover something for that student.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts