Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used to have a luggage rack on the back of my 92 accord so i took it off and sanded it and painted it and filled the holes yet i did it in a hurry so they are caved in now i'm also taking out my antenna and rerouting the radio to a celluar antenna so you think i should seek professional help or just fill the holes myself i mean i don't wanna spend an arm and a leg here either

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
did you fill it with bondo? cause if you did then yeah they'll sink. to properly fill holes in the body it'd be best to have someone weld it back together. i had the same problem when my stock spoiler broke, i took off the spoiler and was left with four holes..luckily i got rear ended the following month and my trunk lid got replaced.

·
Registered
201 Posts
SeEk_HeLp

I would strongly recommend that you seek professional help. Bondo is essentially like clay in nature except it contains a hardiening. the holes that your talking about having "shaved" or "filled' are recessed and would require some sort of support to keep the bondo from shrinking into the hole due to extremes of temeperature; as when it's cold the molecular structure will shrink and when it's hot it will expand, this nature in addition to the fact that bondo is something you could bascially sculpt with are a recipe for disaster because you'd be putting a "pound-cake" of it on your car. I would strongly suggest that you have someone weld in pieces of metal to close the holes, and unless you have some experience TIG or MIG welding and forming a good bead.. Welding is not something you want to undertake without experience , please understand the the fact that the sheet metal on the car is only a few millimeteres thick and will easily warp, facilitating the need for more body work.
:) :D , don't take it personal, I'm just trying to convey this point because I don't want you to make mistakes that other people have in the past such as myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.