Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming back from Tahoe, CA with my car full of stuff, and my car just cut out on me. My Tach died, the car bogged down, and I rolled to a stop. The Battery and Oil light came on. My oil and coolent were full. I checked my oil multiple times. My headlights and electrical seemed to be ok, so I think that I could rule out my altinator. After calling AAA, the guy noticed that my cap wasn't getting a spark.. Does anyone know what it could be? This happened last night, and it is my daily driver.

I don't know if this could have anything to do with it, but I acidently hit a curb about 20 minutes before I had the problem. And I also filled up with gas about 10 minutes before the problem.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I replaced the $84 igniter coil, and it didn't change anything. My rotor spins when I crank the engine, so the timeing belt must be ok. RRRRRRRRRRRRR FU**ING @#$%^&^%

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After troubleshooting I found that my rotor had fried. Some how the outer plastic part had rotated about the inner metal part. I replaced both the cap and rotor and everything worked fine. I also replaced my ignition coil. It seemed to be ok, but it might have been the cause of the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts