Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all,

I have a del sol with the b16 in it. I recentely changed the fuel filter, plugs, wires, distro cap and rotor, and ignition coil ( that took a dump on me). I also ran some BG 44k through the gas in hopes of cleaning the injectors. Anyways, after driving for about 15-20 minutes with my engine nice an warm, my car will bog down under acceleration in between 3-4k rpms. the accelleration ususally has to be above 50% throttle. I am a little confused because my ignition coil took a dump one day and i really do think that this bogging had something to do with it. Sure enough, after replacing it, the engine still does it. after about 4k, the problems disappears and everything is normal. Car has 120k and runs perfect otherwise. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
173 Posts
i had the same prob. but im not sure if the TPS sensor is the prob. if not that ur delslo is high milage u might have fould the injectors check the ECU if no codes than its routine maintinance

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i had the same problem i was bogging at 3500k, the problem end up being from the fuel, car wasn't getting enought fuel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shift, how did you fix the problem? What caused the engine to not get enough fuel? Also, is there a way to clean the injectors besides running stuff through the gas tank?

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
flixx said:
engine is not throwing any codes...
I'll bet money when your coil dumped on you it fried your igniter in your dizzy! Did you have a burnt up rotor or cap, also does the car ever die on you. Possibly be your main relay.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
car doesn't die on me.. not yet at least! I drive about 15 miles each way to work then about 75 miles to the beach on the weekends. Hasn't died yet but when i had the airconditioner on last weekend, I thought that it might..

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
flixx said:
car doesn't die on me.. not yet at least! I drive about 15 miles each way to work then about 75 miles to the beach on the weekends. Hasn't died yet but when i had the airconditioner on last weekend, I thought that it might..
Have you checked your IAT sensor?

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok guys looks like we are all in the same boat and its gettin kinda expensive now .i am having this prob of it boggin out on me im runnin a 00 civic si head 97 block and 00 si tranny 97 gsr ecu.i changed my fuel filter (aem) went to nology wires ,denso plugs and new fuel pum now it is still happening. also here are the othere prob i am having if anybody could help me with bouncinig idle also the was a sensor on the ls manfold that is not on the si manifold i think is is the intake temp sensor it is located in line with cylinder num1 and is not here for the si manifold i dont know what do i do leave this plug hang is the gsr ecu looking for this sensor i have no idea do i tap it in or what should i do????? also throwing code number (9) withch is crank angel sensor but if the car is runnin and starting how is this i was under the asumption that if there was a prob with that sensor that the car would not start or run at all..

·
Registered
784 Posts
96civicsihatch said:
ok guys looks like we are all in the same boat and its gettin kinda expensive now .i am having this prob of it boggin out on me im runnin a 00 civic si head 97 block and 00 si tranny 97 gsr ecu.i changed my fuel filter (aem) went to nology wires ,denso plugs and new fuel pum now it is still happening. also here are the othere prob i am having if anybody could help me with bouncinig idle also the was a sensor on the ls manfold that is not on the si manifold i think is is the intake temp sensor it is located in line with cylinder num1 and is not here for the si manifold i dont know what do i do leave this plug hang is the gsr ecu looking for this sensor i have no idea do i tap it in or what should i do????? also throwing code number (9) withch is crank angel sensor but if the car is runnin and starting how is this i was under the asumption that if there was a prob with that sensor that the car would not start or run at all..
I have just about the same prob. it was a swap of a 95 B18c1 into a 93 cx hatch. i had the same symptoms and i changed the same parts you changed. I still have the same Freaking problem. Ive just given up and i drive the shit out of if to see if it blows up, but that bitch wont! im so pissed, if you guys come up with something let me know!

·
Registered
18 Posts
i had the same problem. check the coil to see if its in there tight. the problem with mines was it was loose and it would vibrate out every know and then. check your drizzy and make sure its good. if you dont know, find someone with the same type of car and change out the dizzy to see if that fixes the problem. make sure you adjust timing again. or you could just swap out the parts in the drizzy so you wont have to frick around with the timing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok i need to know this also i burned out my my ls distributor when it was in and know the b16 one went i pulled the spark plug they were denso iridioms and i burned the carbon tip off of them in like a week i narrowed this prob down to spark know so there for why is the dis over heating and do this to the plugs i have no idea what this could be also what is the dizzy i dont know what u are talking about whyen u use that term well hope to here from u guys soon thanks

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
96civicsihatch said:
ok i need to know this also i burned out my my ls distributor when it was in and know the b16 one went i pulled the spark plug they were denso iridioms and i burned the carbon tip off of them in like a week i narrowed this prob down to spark know so there for why is the dis over heating and do this to the plugs i have no idea what this could be also what is the dizzy i dont know what u are talking about whyen u use that term well hope to here from u guys soon thanks

Dizzy = Distributor... Did you gap your plugs before you put them in? Not only that though, but are you using the right plug with the right heat range?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i may havce used the ls plugs in the b16 head bye accedent maybe also somebody said it may be the main relay is this a possibility and is that the relay by the pass side on the side of the dash correct

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
96civicsihatch said:
i may havce used the ls plugs in the b16 head bye accedent maybe also somebody said it may be the main relay is this a possibility and is that the relay by the pass side on the side of the dash correct
If its a hatch, then its under the hood, next to the battery... If it was your main relay not being plugged in or something, then I think that your car would not start due to sensors not responding, mine did not when I did not have it plugged all the way in...

·
Registered
17 Posts
got the car running today have no imput voltage to my tps. What could cause this? Also looking to change engine harness. Im running a ls-vtec motor(00 si head,97 ls block,97 gsr computer) what would b the best and most conv engine harness. IS there a vtec harness that would work with this combo.

·
Registered
784 Posts
96TEGGYGSR said:
i had the same problem. check the coil to see if its in there tight. the problem with mines was it was loose and it would vibrate out every know and then. check your drizzy and make sure its good. if you dont know, find someone with the same type of car and change out the dizzy to see if that fixes the problem. make sure you adjust timing again. or you could just swap out the parts in the drizzy so you wont have to frick around with the timing.
Does anyone have a pic of the coil somewhere. id like to see what im working with. thanks

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Verdugo said:
Does anyone have a pic of the coil somewhere. id like to see what im working with. thanks
You wont see it like that unless you go and take off the distributor cap, you should see it there once you do that.. It will have a negative and a postive...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone,

i faced a strange problem after having my fuel injectors + throttle body replaced
The reason for the replacement was the car not idling properly so the workshop recommended a swap for both these parts.

The idle issue is resolved car does'nt stall anymore but its no longer the same either, it screams louder but seems choked instead of actually accelerating. i feel the acceleration bog down at 3500 revs
Would appreciate some help here please. It's a civic EG with a D16Y7 + cold air intake system and 3inch straight piping

1 - 20 of 20 Posts