Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a Bomex kit, But I am a poor bastard so I thought maybe it would be cool to go with an immitation. Do you think that's wise... going from a $2,000.00 kit to a $189.00?? Sounds a little fishy to me... but.. thought I get someone elses opinion:confused:

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
haf1388 said:
I want to get a Bomex kit, But I am a poor bastard so I thought maybe it would be cool to go with an immitation. Do you think that's wise... going from a $2,000.00 kit to a $189.00?? Sounds a little fishy to me... but.. thought I get someone elses opinion:confused:
please do not spend 189 on a fiberglass kit... you will regret it.. try to find it in urethane at least..... or go with a company that sells kits that have a good reputation...

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
^^^ I second that opinion. Also more companies are coming up w/ material that is more pliant then urethane. I believe in the US that VIS is the main proponent of this type of kits?:confused:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
a kit for 189...I gotta say don't do it.

However...
I gotta stick up for fiberglass. It's what my kit is made of and it sure as hell wasn't 189 bucks. When I bought the kit I lived in the mountains, so the temperature fluxuated a lot and I didn't want to buy something that would warp. Plus, the shit is easy to repair. I was doing stupid stuff on potholed dirt roads and cracked the shit outta my front. All I had to do was buy some jelly and a small sheet. Then took it down to the shop and had them paint it with some matching shit they had left over. Cost me 30 bucks

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
let me see.... I HATE FIBERGLASS!!!

I just cracked my side skirt today for like the 5th time in two years... I have cracked my front about 6 times... i'm sick of getting it fixed all the time... i'm getting side skirts that aren't as low and a new front that isn't as low either... probably cwest...

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Aesop Rock said:
let me see.... I HATE FIBERGLASS!!!

I just cracked my side skirt today for like the 5th time in two years... I have cracked my front about 6 times... i'm sick of getting it fixed all the time... i'm getting side skirts that aren't as low and a new front that isn't as low either... probably cwest...
i hear that. I was pissed when I cracked mine. If I wasn;t planning on getting a new car, I'd prolly trade my front for a sotck bumper and add a lip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts