Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a search of the forum yielded a few threads about people bragging about how fast they go, or how expensive a ticket they earned, I now must ask:

What are some good books that describe competitive driving and racing techniques? I'm looking for an in depth book that delves into strategy and how to hone ones skills.

Anybody?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
What kind of driving are we talking about here? Drag racing, autocross, road racing? And don't go out and try new things which could endanger you and the people around you. I would look into autocrossing as the best way of learning how to control your car in a safe, cheap environment. Theres this book "Secrets of Solo Racing" which I think has some pretty good info on how to drive a performance car. Look it up online. There are also a ton of books dedicated to this sort of thing including how to prep a car for high performance driving.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
read through half of "secrets of solo" it's a good book =)

i'd say about half is driving technique and half is preparation work

it's 8am right now and i'm brain dead....so i can't remember what other books are out there lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.