Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a tial 38 mm wastegate from a friend and it has a 12psi boost spring in it. I am a beginner at this turbo stuff so i dont plan on running that much boost yet. If i get a boost controller can i lessen the boost pressure or will i have to get a new spring. I see the boost controller limiting the amount of pressure getting to the wastegate therefore not allowing it to open, inturn that increases the boost pressure... is this correct... if so that a boost controller can only be used to increase boost over the preset of the spring???? just curious thanks guys

·
Registered
956 Posts
i got kinda of a similar question....

im runnin a profec b and i have a tial 38mm wg with a 7.5psi spring.

Since the profec b allows 2 boost settings, i wanted to have 1 set at the wastegate setting and one at 16-18psi (low compression, dont ask). Im running a hondata s2b, so i would only have 1 fuel map, and if i have it set at 17psi, turrning it down to 7.5psi wouldnt it run very rich? anyway i could support both boost settings off one fuel map/ ecu setting?

·
Registered
956 Posts
TheTurboDan said:
the fuel map adjusts fuel according to boost pressure, so if its a lower boost pressure it just wont add as much fuel
tune the map for the high boost setting
spiffy, thanks for the tip man.:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
symba said:
your boost controller can only lower boost to the amount of your spring. In your case, you can't go lower than 12psi. You would need to get another spring for your wastegate

Where can you get a lower spring for your westgate? I have a 7 psi spring westgate but i'm plannin on runnin 5 or 6 psi to start with ( turbo installation is on the way). How do you know what psi your set at anyway? What's a good boost controller to use?? I was thinkin bout the blitz or apexi. Any others?? What's the pros and cons of them????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.