Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a boosted d16 w/5 speed trans. I suspect this used turbo kit is off an automatic though. Because I am getting code 19 a/t lock up control solenoid. It has an AEM F.I.C. and the idle is really erratic. I also have code 9 #1cylinder position sensor I dont remember what type of dizzy I put on. I've ran it this way for a couple of years now the only problem being the idle which was fine before i installed the turbo. I took the numbers off the ecu = 37820-P08-N51,461-406494,AXZ it also has a big sticker RCi on the back.

Is this an auto ecu?

If it is an auto ecu would I be safe just swapping to a manual one without reprogramming the F.I.C.?

Is it true dynotunning requires a clear cel?

·
Registered
137 Posts
a check engine light will put the ecu into open loop, that could be why you have an eratic idle, i would switch to a manual ecu, or chip the ecu thats in it, provided its an external rom, and just use the lock up control as a boost control. and yes dyno tuning would be much more benificial if the ecu would go into closed loop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks oldcivicjoe a manual ecu should eliminate 1/4 codes a/t lock up in particular. Code 10 IAT sensor is too easy. Hopefully changing to the correct dizzy will eliminate code 9. Leaves me with the vtec solenoid code 21 the harness is a non vtec so I hope I can get the self wiring to work. I'm going to assume that changing the ecu's isn't going to affect the tune because its based on air, fuel, and rpm and does not take any info from the transmission. I wonder if the clutch pedal sensor affects the idle. I'm pretty sure it's not wired in. Although idle was fine pre-turbo. Does anyone know?

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
I have a boosted d16 w/5 speed trans. I suspect this used turbo kit is off an automatic though. Because I am getting code 19 a/t lock up control solenoid. It has an AEM F.I.C. and the idle is really erratic. I also have code 9 #1cylinder position sensor I dont remember what type of dizzy I put on. I've ran it this way for a couple of years now the only problem being the idle which was fine before i installed the turbo. I took the numbers off the ecu = 37820-P08-N51,461-406494,AXZ it also has a big sticker RCi on the back.

Is this an auto ecu?

If it is an auto ecu would I be safe just swapping to a manual one without reprogramming the F.I.C.?

Is it true dynotunning requires a clear cel?
how are you dyno tuning on a stock ECU? i wouldn't even use a piggyback setup for a turbo car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts