Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have 97 d series I have a t3 turbo 440 injectors ls throttle body stage 1 clutch 3inch pipe turbo exaust larger fuel pump and a b2 computer how much boost can I run it on safley for daily use I curently run it at 6psi out of fear to blow It up. Also what
MOre can I do for more hp I heard rods and pistons for more boost if so what should I get and where al sohow much $ can some1 pointme in the right direction

· Registered
28 Posts
max psi on stock d bottom end should only be like 8 lbs..if you want more power then throw set of turbo specific pistions and tough rods in and turn up the boost, wiseco makes a nice turbo app pistion part#(K543M75) as for rods i would go with crower rods part#(B93745B-4)...imo best turbo piston/rod combo for the d16y8

· Registered
1,221 Posts
max psi on stock d bottom end should only be like 8 lbs..if you want more power then throw set of turbo specific pistions and tough rods in and turn up the boost, wiseco makes a nice turbo app pistion part#(K543M75) as for rods i would go with crower rods part#(B93745B-4)...imo best turbo piston/rod combo for the d16y8
too expensive for the same shit as eagle/vitara set up...

op you can run as much psi as you want. as long as you have the tune to hold it.

personally. i would run about 11. with a good tune however. psi is irrelevant. pick a whp number adn waht ever psi it lands on is the winner... dont go for psi numbers just aim for your whp goal. and if its over 240whp then you should build the bottom end just to make sure

look up vitara pistons and eagle rods. acl manin and rod bearing and arp head studs and rod bolts. and a cometic head gasket... adn you can run 20psi... however i would just pick a horsepower number and aim for it. beacuse 10 psi on a t25 is alot different from 10psi on a t66....

· Registered
412 Posts
Tune is key when keeping any boosted motor alive. Make sure you have a competant tuner, and knows what they are doing, wideband, ect, and follow slow eh2s advice. PSI is just a number, power goals are what to aim for.

· Registered
412 Posts
Slow eh2....you wouldn't have the hook up on ls1 HIDs would you? I think 8 or 9k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.