Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal...And im hoping some of greddy owners can help here. I keep getting a check engine light on...Had it checked out and its sayin that there is low voltage on my 1st O2 sensor...Th weird thing is before i had by turbo kit put on the same code would pop up. It sucks b/c i have to keep disconnecting the -battery cable and reset it. WHY IS IT DOING THIS.? Maybe some of you guys have had the same problem....dunno? its a 2000 civic si. LIke i said when i had just I/H/E it did the same thing...but one day I noticed that when i left the cd player off it WOULD NOT come back on. At the time my A/F guage would go crazy but that was only if i had the cd player on for ah while.. WEIRD I DON GET IT. NOW I DONT EVEN HAVE A CD PLAYER CONNECTED W/ MY TURBO KIT AND ITS DOING IT AGAIN..WTF.? :bh

·
Registered
320 Posts
check the wireing on the o2. Or somethin in the harness might be messed up, thats why the o2 keeps goin dead, and pullin the terminal off the battery aint gonna reset the ecu, theres still in the memory, you have to pull the ecu fuse next to the battery its the radio backup fuse it resets the ecu and it will reset your radio too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea ive got the blue box that came w/ the kit. I think Im gonna do what jdmhonda98 said and check the wiring to make sure there's no short in the wiring. The code # i dont remember but it said low voltage oxygen sensor. I dont have the a/f guage anymore because its the p.o.s autometer one and we all know that's just a color display. now ive got boost and oil press gauges. Car isnt tuned b/c its at stock boost and the kit has been on for like 2 months now. The car runs fine even w/ the check engine light on, but i notice a slight diff in gas mileage.
Any other suggestions.?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Did you solder the connections on your air/fuel ratio gauge? If not thats probably your problem. I had the same issue when I hooked up my air/fuel ratio gauge. I went back and soldered the connections and havent had the problem since. If your just using some splice connectors, they sometimes cause this problem. Your ecu gets a funky voltage reading and causes the cel to come on. Solder the connections and seal them up from the eliments.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yall must have misunderstood me and thats my fault. I DONT have the A/F guage anymore..NOW i have oil press and boost guage...Engine lights still comes on...im thinkin there's a loose wire or the connection to the o2 is loose...im checkin this out later on today to find out for sure.

·
Registered
933 Posts
If you drive in the rain alot or through mud of any kind that may cause the check light. Or a bad harness. You can check with a ohm meter

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
i have that code on my secondary o2 sensor. but its from putting a high flow cat in, and i've been messing with the o2 sensor and stuff. so i'm guessing its the wiring on your o2 sensor.

·
Registered
933 Posts
If you are using a high flow cat you might need to use two of them or a bigger one. The cat might not be big enough to please the second o2 readings or meaning that the air going thru the cat is still filled with to much NOX. In this case the o2 sensor will not put out enough electricity to give a clean signal in turn chech engine light. remember o2 sensers are triggered by friction the more friction the more resistance and that causes electricity. its hard to explain but o2 sensors only generate .5 to 1v because of the way they are made. or your wiring is screwed :byye

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok the code that reads is saying low voltage...o2 sensor (first or primary)...i think im gonna do a voltage check and see if the wiring harness is messed up. thats the only thing i can think of cuz i know it aint the o2 itself.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Magnum SI said:
ok the code that reads is saying low voltage...o2 sensor (first or primary)...i think im gonna do a voltage check and see if the wiring harness is messed up. thats the only thing i can think of cuz i know it aint the o2 itself.
how do you know

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
98Vtec said:
how do you know
b/c when i got the new o2 sensor ....one week later the light came back on. throwing the same cel im gonna read up on the ol haynes manual and see how to run a volmeter check on the wiring harness to see if there's a short.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Magnum SI said:
b/c when i got the new o2 sensor ....one week later the light came back on. throwing the same cel im gonna read up on the ol haynes manual and see how to run a volmeter check on the wiring harness to see if there's a short.
just checking

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.