Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Del Sol SOHC D15. I am planning on buy my first ever turbo and I was wondering if I need to get higher flow injectors, or fuel pump. Right now my fuel delivery components are all stock. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a 1994 Del Sol SOHC D15. I am planning on buy my first ever turbo and I was wondering if I new to get higher flow injectors, or fuel pump. Right now my fuel delivery components are all stock. Can anyone help me?
before you go turbo you should take learn some English

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Beefor u make phun uv sumwonz engrish, trie runin spel czek on yerselve. :bash
AHahaha

fliehrc said:
you guys are like Johnny of the Fantastic Four. FLAME ON!
Mm..:idiots

OP: Please give us more info on your setup. Retaining factory fuel delivery is possible for a small turbo like a Saab, or a DSM t25

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right now i am just looking around, I haven't bought anything yet. The setup that I am looking at is a t3 kit. It is capable of up to 26 psi. I am sure that is way more than my stock engine can handle. Suggestions would be nice because i have never turboed a car, this is the first one I have owned that is worth it.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
just get a cast iron manifold, stay away from chrome tubular turbo manifolds. other than that, ebay is a great resource for turbo parts. Everybody will say ebay is crap, which is SOMETIMES true. You can get an ebay turbo for ~$130, they dont last as long as namebrand but they do the job for beginner use. I put 13k miles on my first ebay turbo and it was %90 racing miles. (Then it blew the oil seal) You can replace those turbos cheaper than most rebuilds would cost anyway. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
you should really spend some time in thte turbo or Dseries forum and educate yourself about this before you start buying

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
get a 255lph fuel pump, bigger fuel injectors, upgrade your fuel rail. upgrade your fuel system...correct me if i'm wrong but i'm confident :) and do wats soul 93 wrote also..

·
Registered
261 Posts
honda fuel systems are set up to flow the injectors at 100% at red line. if you turbo it you will have to get bigger injectors and reprogram the ECU, add extra injectors that spray fuel in boost. or install a boost dependent FMU (fuel management unit) the BDFUM goes in the fuel return line, as it sees boost in the intake mani it closes off the return forcing the fuel pressure higher and flowing more fuel. using this you will have to retard the spark timing with the dizzy as well . this makes it run like crap out of boost and you loose a good bit of gas mileage. add injectors works pretty well but you are still kinda limited as to what you can do. the best way to do it is with bigger injectors and a programmable ECU. something like crome hondata or uberdata. depending on how much you want to spend on it. you will also need a set of ARP head studs the head bolts in the SOHC will stretch in boost and cause "head lift" then you will loose your head gasket. and of course the 255L fuel pump to keep up with the injectors. injector size will depend on how much HP you want to make. you will want the injecotrs to run at about 80% when your at your target HP. you can push the stock SOHC to about 200-230 HP before the rods give out. low compression pistons are a big help as well as good rods, you can get a set of eagle rods for a good price just look around. pistons will be a bit more pricey. you can find cams that are ground for forced air, they will have a high lift and short duration on the lobs. if you go this rout i suggest an adjustable cam gear to help fine tune it. and the most important part of it all TUNE IT TUNE IT TUNE IT TUNE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a good tune is the key to getting the power you want and making it last. running on a bad tune will cost you the motor you built sometimes in the blink of an eye.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts