Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bored throttle body.. when I rev up and take off the gas the rpms drop very low and often shuts off the car. I have put the old throttle body back and the problem goes away. They are both F22 throttle body. I have swap both sensors as well.. still not fixed. The Chilton manual says to unplug the EACV to adjust the idle but that shuts the engine right off. The haynes for the Accord says remove the IAC.. but I can not find one on the H22 only the EACV.

HELP!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
TOP END MS said:
I have a bored throttle body.. when I rev up and take off the gas the rpms drop very low and often shuts off the car. I have put the old throttle body back and the problem goes away. They are both F22 throttle body. I have swap both sensors as well.. still not fixed. The Chilton manual says to unplug the EACV to adjust the idle but that shuts the engine right off. The haynes for the Accord says remove the IAC.. but I can not find one on the H22 only the EACV.

HELP!
Well, I think that the case is pretty simple. You increased the inside volume therefore you increased the amount of vacuum that the engine needs to perform. So my guess is to instead of having the throttle at 750-800 RPMs aprox (OEM standard) raise it a little not going farther than 1000 RPMs you could but it shouldn't be this high. But then again, maybe you'll have to because your throttle body is out of spec. This will increase the vacuum and prevent the engine from receiving no sufficient air at idle.

Good luck and hope this fixes the problem. Leave all sensors at their original position. ;)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the screw can only increase idle soo much .. with the fan off its about 720 and when the fan comes on its about 800 .. and thats just turning the screw.. the EACV i can not unplug of the engine just shuts off.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I figured it all out.. when I tried it in the past it usually shut off after it stabilized and i got off the gas.. this time it got sooooo close to just dying but was able to stay on.. (with the EACV unplugged) .. then I just turned the screw counter clock wise to increase the idle speed .. and kept checking my VAFC digital idle until it was between 500 and 600 as specific by the manual. Turned the car off, plugged in the EACV, removed the BACK UP fuse for 10 seconds, turned the car on and checked idle again to be betweeen 700 and 800 and it was. WAA LAA .. runs mint now. No stalling. :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
TOP END MS said:
Ok I figured it all out.. when I tried it in the past it usually shut off after it stabilized and i got off the gas.. this time it got sooooo close to just dying but was able to stay on.. (with the EACV unplugged) .. then I just turned the screw counter clock wise to increase the idle speed .. and kept checking my VAFC digital idle until it was between 500 and 600 as specific by the manual. Turned the car off, plugged in the EACV, removed the BACK UP fuse for 10 seconds, turned the car on and checked idle again to be betweeen 700 and 800 and it was. WAA LAA .. runs mint now. No stalling. :)
Great troubleshooting!!!! Congratssss!!!! :btu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.