Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!!! i finally found a Honda forum! well i have just purcahsed a honda civic 2000 coupe, and said good buy to my suzuki gti!!!

Now i got mods done to my old car, and wanted to know what is the best mods to do in terms of exhuast and cam gears first?

I bascally want to put some sort of extractors on? but what??? and why??? then a full exhuast system???

I found adjustable cam gears made a hell of a difference in my suzuki!!! what is the best for performance for honda?? or are they all the same but different brands? and if do gfet adj cam gears is there nething else i should do to the engine so it doesnt hurt it????

I understand the its the b16a engine in these hondas??? is it a good engine???
oh yea i basically want to beat them v8, clubsport drivers!!!! hate them

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
If you have a Si then its the B16A2 (DOHC), if you have a ex then its a D16Y8 (SOHC). The best mods to begin with I'd say are a cold air intake as first mod, then 4-2-1 header, high flow cat and a cat back exhaust. Cam gears are not that important unless you have cams, but don't get me wrong you'll still gain some hp from cam gears on a stock motor. Also a very important thing is to tune up your car, many people don't think about it first. You should change your oil to synthetic, get new plugs and wires, advance your timing a bit and run sea foam through to clean things up. Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
oh yea i basically want to beat them v8, clubsport drivers!!!! hate them
full cai, plugs, wires, etc. as stated before.

and good luck beating some of those higher v8's w/o forced induction. i dont really see you taking an LS1 without some major $$ mods.

but its always good to hear people happy with a new car purchase. :D have fun, and be safe!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah well..... got the coupe!!! runs like new!!! i got it for 17 000 they guys i bought it off had no idea what he had its a 2000 model.

So i guess i have to open up the engine hey????

How about spoon extraxtors??? 4-2-1???? then 2 and a half piping mandrel bent, stainless??? but i got one problem??

i dont want a hell lot of noise in my cabin!!!??? does anyone have any ideas or know of a setup that gives good power...... or improves specs but is quite

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
The noise soley depends on exhaust so...
I have a apexi N1 and i hear if you get a header which i don't it gets really loud and its pretty loud in mine already. But thats why it comes with a silencer i guess, but i'm not really sure which exhausts aren't loud. I know that apexi N1, greddy and i think tanabe are deeper sounding. But you need to get others opinions to.

As to many other mods i'm still a beginner as to say what is best for what setup.

What trim is your civic and then go from there on other mods.....?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.