Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local tuner shop has alot of experience with nitrous and Hondas. He hasnt blown an engine with Nitrous yet. Ive known him for a long while and hes good at what he does(Turbos, NAWS, etc.). He ran 130 shot on a stock guts GSR for 2 years with no problems.10.5-1000'. Kept it tuned. Were about to do the same setup on mine. Walboro fuel pump, Crane Ignition, Crane lwires and plugs,NX wet kit, and timing adjustment. Just wanted feedback from anyone who runs or has run 100+ shot on a GSR. I dont plan on spraying daily, just maybe 10 shots a weekend. Experienced feedback only please.
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
60 Posts
It can be done but tuning is the key with that kind of shot. You will have to really keep up on watching the plugs and making sure you dont get a lean situation going. But if it is tuned right you should be able to run it fine.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
this may not help much but i'm currently running 125 DP on my B18C1 setup, though it's got pistons/rods/valves.

with the ignition and fuel upgrades it runs great. no major problems. checking the plugs is very important, especially if you're not tuning with a wideband O2 for proper air to fuel ratios.
it'll tell you alot and the you can adjust the timing and fuel pressure etc. accordingly.

i've heard of 125 shot DP on bone stock GSR motors before. it's all about the tuning and maintainence of the setup to make it last.

have fun! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
what's up man! Hey he ran 135 shot and it ran 10.6 in 1000' and low 12s in the quarter. On slicks. Yup...pulling the plugs after everypass is a must. You'll need a FPR and a upgraded fuel pump for sure. David's car was reliable as hell. over 150 passes easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.