Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody here have this setup? If so, what shot are you running? I just did an engine swap in my accord and plan on adding a NX direct port kit. How high a shot is safe on this motor? What extras do you have as far as tuning is concerned?

· Registered
1,366 Posts
i'm not using the H22 but i know there are a few others using it on here. it's a good motor and direct port should work fine with a 75-100 shot, given the motor is in good shape to start and it's used properly.

later

· Registered
38 Posts
Go with a fogger kit, NX of course, but unless you got a built engine a DP is not needed, 75 is the absolute highest you can run on stock h22, and that is assuming you can retard your timing......dont exceed 75 on stock internals.....you will regret it

· Registered
38 Posts
yeah its better, but 1st the smallest shot is an 80, 2nd i wouldnt to it unless i had an ignition with timing retard, clutch, and a fuel pump might be a good idea....and keep in mind DP is gonna be hard to do on your engine, but if you are willing to put in more effort in the install and more in the long run, then go for it....

· Registered
1,366 Posts
bending the lines takes time on a direct port kit, if it's not made specifically for you car. the GSRs and Ludes that have the dual-stage IM have an option of the plate kit (NOS) that slides between the 2 piece IM. i know the GSR one is available cause i'm using it currently, but last i heard the H22 one was either in production or available now. not sure though on the H22 kit.

it's a direct port kit that used a plate with a flexible fuel line on the left and an N2O line on the right. it doesn't require line bending and such, just 2 solenoids and 2 lines that connect to the plate which makes it very easy.

the lowest jetting on this is 75 and you'll need a fuel pump, colder plugs, an MSD unit and retarded ignition timing (even if it's just from the distributor) to get full potential out of it and have your motor last.

oh yead your clutch is gonna wear out faster if you inject alot, so you'll eventually need a new clutch also.

i'd spend the extra $$ and go direct port. the DP kit is almost the same cost as the other kits and the fuel pump/plugs/MSD stuff isn't that much either.

later

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's the setup that I'm going with: NX dp, part # 8004efi, this can be jetted at 50-75-100-150-200 hp. 255lph high pressure fuel pump, MSD digital 6 ignition, aem fuel rail, pressure regulator, and the gen-x 2 kit.

· Registered
1,366 Posts
yo MatT3T4, haven't seen you on here in awhile.
then again i took a break from SHO for some time so maybe i missed you posting. BTW i'm friends with Drew and i don't think you really know me.

anyway just wanted to say what's up.

later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.