Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, my JDM B16 was just rebuilt. and with only 453 miles on it....spun a rod bearing :cry we pulled it apart and the only way i can explain it is FUBAR! the guy that rebuilt my motor is paying for a new motor. i've just bought a zex wet kit that i was going to put on the 16 after i put a few thousand miles on it :rolleyes but now i'm thinking B20B. but my tranny is of course a B16. so now on to my question....how will the gearing of my B16 tranny match up, and since the compression of the 20 is low, a 100 shot should be no problem right? or do i need to do diffrent pistons and maybe up the compression... :confused my head off my 16 is now garbage :cry intake manifold i'll keep, and oh yes i want the B20/VTEC. but i have a friend that says i don't realy have to do a VTEC conversion to pull a ton of power out of the B20........if you guys were in my shoes ( and i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy :rolleyes ) what set ups would you run?

my car isn't designed to be an all out race car. just like to have something to play with the best of them. talk to me fellas, am i on the right track?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks gurusan.....at least one person has given me feed back :rolleyes

i'm gonna run a 75 shot. i'm ordering the B20 from H-Motors next Thursday. i've already got a GSR head lined up. just need to get the eagle LS/VTEC conversion kit and it's on like donkey kong. i've got crome-pro so retuning my ecu is no problem. we're guestimating an easy 12 sec. set up. where my B16 on the bottle i was only hoping for maybe high 13's......everything happens for a reason.... :rolleyes .... :bomb

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes we're building the bottom end. i've got Angelo from HolySmokeRacing building it this time. he's been building honda race engines for SCCA since the 70's. he is "the" honda guru of my area. so the rod bearings should be fine this time :rolleyes that was the most expensive mistake of my life. :( i don't know what happened cause i wasn't dawging it.......but now i'm pummped about this B20 swap. i'm not going to be able to do the CR/VTEC swap immediatley. but we are doing pistons/rods etc. off the top.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kommon_sense said:
the short gearing of the b16 tranny could be an issue for you. You may want to investigate that a little more. power doesn't matter if you can't get the tires to hook up.
i was told that as long as i'm not doing a blower or turbo that my tranny will do just fine. cause i'm basicly keeping it N/A except for the jug. but they said if i decide to boost it i need to get a LS tranny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.