Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the hks racing bov, and am running 4psi currently on my 1.5l dx d15b2 motor (92hp stock)

a little while after i got it i was kinda new to driving a turbo'd car so there are a few things i have in the back of my mind.

at a stop with the hood open i figured i would try to rev and make the bov sound off. so my dissapointment the car didn't even show boost on the gauge and there was neither a spooling sound nor any type of bov sound. although with just a small rev you can feel air come out of the bov.

do you have to have a cirtain hp engine stock to put enough pressure to the turbo to boost without being under a load or do most turbocharged cars do this?
or is there a trick to get it going, like do you have to start with a rev to 4000 and then another higher and higher until you hit red?
also, would it have anything to do with how much boost im running?

· Registered
1,063 Posts
you have to be in gear to hear the bov... you need to rev the engine pretty high to hear the bov in neutral or at a stop... the turbo needs to spool up... just a little

· Registered
2,120 Posts
i can flow it all the and the bov will make a little sound but realistically your car has to be in gear for you to really hear. you need boost pressure for the blow off valve to make a noise. the blow off valve will open and close as you press on the gas but you need to be boosting to make a sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.