Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My civic needs a bra. A nice one, maybe with the honda logo or something on it. Where can I find one online? None of the auto stores carry what I am looking for. It would be great if they accepted either Paypal or a Money Order. I don't have a credit card to give them.

Let me know, Thanks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
also if you leave it on all the time you will notice that the rest of the paint on the body has faded and the paint under the bra is not, and if dirt gets under the bra it could scratch the paint.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Paprika said:
My civic needs a bra. A nice one, maybe with the honda logo or something on it. Where can I find one online? None of the auto stores carry what I am looking for. It would be great if they accepted either Paypal or a Money Order. I don't have a credit card to give them.

Let me know, Thanks.
NO IT DOESNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first off there NASTY as fuck.....and secondly, they fuck up your paint...DONT DO IT!!!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HIMSA said:
NO IT DOESNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first off there NASTY as fuck.....and secondly, they fuck up your paint...DONT DO IT!!!!!
Ugh... I have a dent on my hood. I don't have the time to let my car sit in the autoshop to get a new hood mounted and painted, what else am I suppose to do? Sheesh.

Well, after some investigation I think the half-nose mask would be exactly what I need to cover up the debilitating dent. The hood has to be replaced anyway, so if it doesn't make the paint look spectacular thats ok.

Wish I could see a good set of pics of a half-bra on a 92-95 civic before I buy one, though.

·
Registered
693 Posts
hoods are very easy to replace, buy a new hood or go to a salvage yard and
pick up a used but good hood
1. pop the hood
2. have a friend hold the hood up
3. remove the hose that leads to the hood squirters
4. remove the 4 bolts that hold the hood to the hinges
2 on the left side and 2 on the right side
5. left the hood off and toss it
6. installation is reverse
7. tighten the hood to where you can still move it but not to loose
8. align the hood and tighten the bolts (may take a few try's to get it right)
9. install the hood squirters and hose
10. shut the hood and you are done.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stjohnscrx said:
hoods are very easy to replace, buy a new hood or go to a salvage yard and
pick up a used but good hood
1. pop the hood
2. have a friend hold the hood up
3. remove the hose that leads to the hood squirters
4. remove the 4 bolts that hold the hood to the hinges
2 on the left side and 2 on the right side
5. left the hood off and toss it
6. installation is reverse
7. tighten the hood to where you can still move it but not to loose
8. align the hood and tighten the bolts (may take a few try's to get it right)
9. install the hood squirters and hose
10. shut the hood and you are done.
WTF. I didn't ask you how ot replace my hood. I could have simply looked in the manual for that.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i dont see why everyone is against this bra.
its his car so if he wants one that bad let him have it.
who cares if his car will look like shit and the bra will eat his pain.
its his car. as long as he dont come back on here later on bitching about the bra messing up his paint its all good. we gave him the good and the bad and he still wants it, whats the big deal

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Bras are for chicks. :D Just kidding.

Matt

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
i dont see why everyone is against this bra.
its his car so if he wants one that bad let him have it.
who cares if his car will look like shit and the bra will eat his pain.
its his car. as long as he dont come back on here later on bitching about the bra messing up his paint its all good. we gave him the good and the bad and he still wants it, whats the big deal
Actually I am only disputing it because I am seeking an alternative to this problem I have. If the hood needs replaced, and a half-bra only covers up the front lip of the hood, then what harm is there in using only a half-bra?

I mean I need to negoiate w/ the wize men to get the best solution to this problem at this time. It's not like I am asking for the heck of it, don't make me out to look bad because I want to cover up the problem b/c timing isn't good to fix it. I think thats what's being done, imo.

I thank you all for responding never the less.

And that website is really good, thank you very very much!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
4_door-Johny said:
He's just trying to help man you aint got to be a dick about it -1 for you :td
Help me do what?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Helping you figure out your problem. New hood means the dent is gone. I think.

Matt

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
i agree with everybody that u should get a new bumper:

Bra is okay, but it can really prevent ur front bumper from fadin while the other entire body is fadin from sun.

Also, there are certain bra that does cover the front radiator, so ur engine bay will get hotter and hotter.. thus could probably lead to a problem.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Helping you figure out your problem. New hood means the dent is gone. I think.
I know what my problem is. I know I need a new hood. I just can't replace it right now. Thats why I want a HALF-Bra to cover the part of the hood w/ the damage. It will buy me a great amount of time and I won't have to worry about anything not fading w/ the paint of the car since I have to get a new hood anyway. Do you see what I am saying?

viet_83 said:
i agree with everybody that u should get a new bumper:

Bra is okay, but it can really prevent ur front bumper from fadin while the other entire body is fadin from sun.

Also, there are certain bra that does cover the front radiator, so ur engine bay will get hotter and hotter.. thus could probably lead to a problem.
Half Bra was what I changed to.

·
Registered
626 Posts
where exactly is the dent?
what if you got a hood-deflector instead?
i got the same car, and I used a deflector for a while.... covered the dent completely :rolleyes

as for the bra... screw it man... go braless and let those puppies hang.. :hehe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts