Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brahmas or IDMAX? They seem to have similar qualities...and price is around the same i think. Does anyone know which is better in SQL, SPL, which is better for price, etc.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
they are very similar indeed, but i would take the brahma. it currently has the lowest distortion rate of any sub, and the most linear excursion. also, the brahma handles the low frequencies better than the IDMAX, not saying anything bad, but the brahma shines more at low end.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Just as an FYI, ID is currently developing the V3 IDMAX's...new cones, and now they have the working prototype of the 10, the new 12" and the 16"...I'll post pics in a bit....

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Id choose a Brahma but thats a very difficult decission. Both sound awesome and both can pound really loud. I guess its really a choice of preferences and what your using them as. But my vote goes to the Brahma...Barely though.

·
Registered
424 Posts
i would go with the Brahma.... but if u realy want a good sql sub i would go with an inhuman..... they are louder and have better bottom end....... i think the brahma would take it in overall sq tho.......

·
Registered
180 Posts
idmax's need more space, and are more efficient...brahmas are small box woofers, very inefficient..will need a ton of power in sealed enclosures to get loud. idmaxes have better midbass punch, brahmas have better low end extension. If it was up to me... for sq, idmax's get my vote. I own brahmas, max's and w7's, so i used them a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts