Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
I did this last summer, use the high heat paint and paint them a few times, not just once, about 3 times. It looks really nice and ive had a lot of people comment on how nice it looks. I painted mine the same color as my car (EBP)

·
Registered
561 Posts
I will go look for the number or name of the color on the spray can today if I can find it, it was actually a "ford" color that looked exactly like our EBP, it's not pearl but it is electron blue. I will get some pics sooner or later, I need a computer with a usb port, the one I have now, well I think cavemen used the computer im using right now, p-o-s compaq laptop. It looks a lot better with my 17's on just because you can actually see the calipers a lot better, but my stock rims are on now. Hope I can get some pics this week at work with a digital camera. Anyone know of a website to post pics at? Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
madtownhonda said:

yeah, they also have 4 piston brembo calipers which come in red from the factory.
Actually, you can now choose from several colors for the calipers. If they can choose a color of theirs, why can't I choose the color of mine?

Also, if it's so rice, why do all enthusiasts, from Audi guys to BMW nuts, do it to their cars?

If it's done cleanly and neatly, and in the right color, it is a nice, subtle highlight to a car's color. I personally think that a nice black paintjob on the brake components is nice. It takes attention away from the brakes and lets the wheel stnad out more.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm not stopping anybody from doing it....maybe you shoud paint your rear drums the same color too....if you want to paint it black, the do it.....it think black would look nice....I just think it's funny when people paint them red/yellow/bright blue/insert brembo color here:D

besides, you can get the paint at pep boys...that speaks for itself right there:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
New epoxy paints are available right now. Average prices run around 40 to 50 bucks. As long as you do it right, it will look great. As for the $4.00 cans, they don't cover well at all. If you can't find any call me at 1-775-789-7999 extension 121. Ask for Walter.

·
Registered
85 Posts
madtownhonda said:
I'm not stopping anybody from doing it....maybe you shoud paint your rear drums the same color too....if you want to paint it black, the do it.....it think black would look nice....I just think it's funny when people paint them red/yellow/bright blue/insert brembo color here:D

besides, you can get the paint at pep boys...that speaks for itself right there:D
Actually, my car has disc brakes all the way around. The "hat" that the rotors mount too is plain old steel, it gets rust and looks like crap if unpainted. Especially if you have an open spoke wheel design like I do.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well, I will work on some pics of the whole car when I get my new computer! Just ordered it today and should be around here next week. Can't wait! I won't have my old computer after tonight cause I sold my old laptop but I will log on at work a few times. Peace guys! :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.