Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
<<i think brakes are important and i would do the rear brake disc conversion also or get a big brake kit up front>>

i'm doing this next weekend actually...i'll let you all know how it works out. except i found the AEM BBK for hella cheap at this website, but their contact ipage is down, so i'm trying to find out where they are from. does anyone know BOOSTDRIVEN . com??

·
Registered
821 Posts
<<I got the Aem BBk upfront. It does help the helluva.PLus it's kinda cool wheni have guys with 70 thousand dollar sports cars pull up and complement me on them.>>

how long have you had them on? any issues with them yet? i've had people tell me they will warp very quickly, but no one actually has them. so what do you think?

·
Registered
821 Posts
<<the easiest option would be to go w/ the AEM big brake kit w/ rear disc convertion kit.>>

that kit is for civics only. none for the accord, i've checked. just get the parts off the rear suspension of an EX and your set.

·
Registered
821 Posts
it shouldn't be too much $. don't pay anymore than $250 for the parts and labor should only be 3 or 4 hours at the most. get powerslot or brembo OE sized rear rotors and then from the junkyard get the rear caliper, rear trailing arm and wheel hub, parking brake cables, master cylinder, proportioning valve...yeah that should be it. if you are doing all this, get better brake pads and stainless steel lines and you're set. i'm doing this next weekend, so i'll post pics when i'm done. good luck

·
Registered
821 Posts
yeah, the highest i was quoted was $500 for parts and 4 hours labor, which comes to like $740 ish. the lowest i was quoted was $225 for parts and $150 for labor, but that was just over the border into canada which is way too far for me. i'm paying $250 for parts and 2-3 hours in labor, which should be about $350-400, but i'm getting new pads, new rotors, ss lines, etc...so its worth it to me. just don't get ripped off

·
Registered
821 Posts
well, you get new calipers, but they are stock (?) and you have to return your old ones to get the $100 core charge back. if our stocks are 10, 11 shouldn't make that much difference. i say save your $200 + and just get brembo OE sized rotors for $49 off groupbuycenter.com. if you want cross drilled, slotted, both, or blank...they are all on there. but it's up to you

·
Registered
821 Posts
from what i've heard you don't have to change out your rear brake master cylinder, but it would improve brake feel/performance even more if you did. it isn't that much more money wise for the parts, so i'd go ahead and get it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.