Firstly, a few facts:
CTR F/R track: 1480/1480
ITR USA/AUS spec F/R track: 1480/1475
ITR Jspec F/R track: 1480/1485
SiR-G/GS-R/VTi-R F/R track: 1475/1465
EK CX F/R track: 1475/1475

The question:
Starting with an EK CX hatch:
Will installing the complete suspension & braking hardware from a SiR-G DC2 onto the EK CX decrease the rear track from 1475 to 1465? Again, doing a complete CTR suspension upgrade, will this increase the original 1475 F/R track of the CX to that of the CTR (1480)?

Does anyone know the answer to this crazy question?

Thanks

· Registered
1,639 Posts
on the EK civic it has drum all i know is it much better look and performance (i hope) to disc... and for your facts if you plan on getting the CTR kit shit that gonna be HIGH i rather go AEM Big Brake Kit then ... if you have the money if not off of the Teg will do

· Registered
1,428 Posts
what is the F/R track of the CX?......and if you are doing a rear disk setup....make sure you have the right proportioning valve....and you might want to change the M/C as well........dont get AEM upgrade unless you want 17's

· Registered
1,052 Posts
MLS I understand your question and you may be on to something I have never actually taken in to acount which is the track width. I guess people can't read. You may be right to assume that is where the change is, but only between same chasis not form one chasis to another as there is no accounting from one to the other on how far apart the mounting points are on each individual chasis. I would guess you would be right about the SIR-G but not the CTR as it is a whole different chasis. I know that when I put F/R brake swap on my 89 SI from a 90 LS The rear and front chnge noticably as far as how the camber kit and suspension settings had to be moved to compensate for the change in suspension parts. There was a difference but not a lot. Remember the Integra I got the parts from is the same chasis as my car the Civic Si. Hope that helps I think your on to something there. Good call I never even thought to see what the track widths were on the two cars but I'll probably try to find out now out of curiosity. Peace!

· Registered
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to skidtron89 who commented. Really appreciate it.

My final thought:
I believe that with the EK chassis, going from CX brake & suspension hardware to CTR, would net the same hub surface mounting points, NOT track width. I believe the track width would change from the CX's 1475 F/R to the CTR's 1480F/R IF you use the CTR 15x6.0 wheels. Incidentally, I am PROBABLY wrong, as maybe the actual brake rotor for the CTR may be thicker at the hub mounting surface to increase the track width. As far as I know, I have NO IDEA wether using DC2 brake & suspension equipment on an EK chassis means track changes to that of the DC2. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe one day, someone who carries out a DC2 or "genuine" CTR conversion (no, DC2-R on EK is not a genuine CTR conversion) on an EK can do a before & after measurement of the hub mounting surface "track" width, NOT an actual track measurement (different wheels & tyres mean different track widths, but I dont need to tell the ones "in the know" that). Just remember, detail junkies like myself will never go away, & if they did, you'd be in a whole heap of trouble.

Keep thinking people.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Hey is the track width measured to the face of the rotor/drum mounting surface? I would think this is where it is measured to from your statemnets above. But at the same time you could by using spacers between the wheels and the rotors and of course with different wheel offsets get a "fake" wider track. You would need room in the wheel well though obviously.

Another point is that the CTR uses the brakes from a VTEC Prelude or Accord wagon (Yes they are the same size) So you could get the measurements for rotor thickness and such from those and add them to the hub distances or heights of the suspension that you are looking at using to determine what you would get if you used CTR suspension and brakes. I don't know if that whole last part makes total since but I have been sick for a couple days and I'm on drugs so bear with me.

· Registered
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
track width is measured from the outer most point of the tyre to the other outer most point of the other tyre (same axle only though!). I only said from the hub mounting surfaces because the track will change with different tyres, wheels, etc (remains the same with CTR 15x6.0 7 spoke wheels & standard Birdgestone Potenza RE010 195/55R15 84V tyres). Measuring from the hub mounting surfaces means 100% accurate "hub" track measurements when comparing ITR, CTR, SiR, SiR-G braking systems on the same vehicle.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
mls said:
track width is measured from the outer most point of the tyre to the other outer most point of the other tyre (same axle only though!). I only said from the hub mounting surfaces because the track will change with different tyres, wheels, etc (remains the same with CTR 15x6.0 7 spoke wheels & standard Birdgestone Potenza RE010 195/55R15 84V tyres). Measuring from the hub mounting surfaces means 100% accurate "hub" track measurements when comparing ITR, CTR, SiR, SiR-G braking systems on the same vehicle.
Got it! Just checking I had no idea where the measurement is form so that helps a lot in figuring out your idea/problem. I believe after looking at some parts laying around my friends shop where I work sometimes my old trailing arms with the drums are the same distance form the hub to the face of the drum as the hub is to the face of the disc is on my current setup just FYI. So the difference could be in the wheels I have now which are the 95 GSR's and the 14" steel wheels I use to have with the drums. Maybe that's where the extra adjusting came into play when I swapped everything and had to realign it. Still not sure though on that as the difference could be a few mm and the shapes make it hard to measure length wise.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
I am not a hardcore racer myself at least I don't think so. But the track width could be very important when building a car for real racing which involves turning in both directions at high speed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.