Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me start off with this, when the headlights are off everything is fine and dandy.

Now, ever since i installed my altezza tail lights on my 6th gen Sedan, my brake lamp and all other brake lights stay on whenever i turn on my headlights. It still brightens a little bit when i step on the brake but it is only slightly noticeable. Usually when people are behind me, they automaticcaly assume i am braking since they see my brake lamp on already. On the dash, when i turn the headlights on it says "brake lamp".

I've done some work to see if there was a problem, i un-installed and re-installed the altezzas to see if i was missing any wiring or any broken wires and everything seemed fine. That black box if anyone knows what i am talking about here is also connected and i am not missing anything.

Could it possibly be i damaged that black box and need a new one or maybe some electrical works need to be done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what good will it do if i reinstalled stock when everything is connected properly, nothing is missing.

is it a crime to have altezzas on here? lol im gonna paint the whole thing red so it will barely look like altezzas.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
maybe its just a faulty lamp... exhange perhaps?

crime for altezza lights? nah~ but its been bashed for being rice~ it came to a general consensus that altezza is sorta like a crime that you do in the import scene.

but seriuosly for me, whatever floats your boat~

hopefully you'll get that bug fixed.. good luck

·
Registered
160 Posts
it would seem to be faulty wiring...your brake lights are probably connected to the loop with the brake sensor as well as the loop connected to the headlights. your brake lamp indicator is probably on because there is an irregular current flow.

but if you haven't cut/connected/touched your wires, this shouldn't be the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.