Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright....my problem is I have too much braking force with shitty brake pads in the front of my prelude.

I am running the baer big brake kit with PF90 race pads in front which sound like a bus stopping at every stop sign when the pads aren't heated up.....and believe me....it takes a lot of HARD ASS braking to heat them up to temp....a couple 100+ mph stops will do it....but I want street pads that don't squeek and leave an inch of brake dust all over my rims in a couple days.

so I have been looking at hawk HPS pads, Performance friction carbon metallic pads and also the z rated pads from performance friction.

what pads are good for street driving and will leave virtually no brake dust, and have some fade resistence....I will be looking to buy them for the front and rear....or just replace the front ones with OEM carbon metallic pads.....still not sure.

what do you guys recommend for pads that are

1. quiet
2. no brake dust
3. somewhat fade resistent.
4. cheap

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
i dont know much..but some CERAMIC brake pads..my bro was talkin bout those..but they might require hi heat ups..

maybe carbon metallic brake pads...not really sure..

sorry bro...someone help him out..im interested too.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
after doing my research on pads (talking to the experts) i have decided to either go for porterfield R4S's (expensive i know) or a little bit cheaper pads from carbotech engineering http://www.carbotecheng.com/appguide-pads-honda.htm the "Ultimates" You can even get a discount if youre a member of a certain site.... (from carbotech)

both are great street pads, but definately high performance, they arent cheap, they'll last A LONG time, they wont dust as much as oem pads, and they definately will dust less than ebc greens, but there isnt going to be ZERO dust...

i wish i had money for a brake upgrade right now...

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going with performance friction Z rated pads...front and back!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.