Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help guys!!!

I have a 92 accord ex. basically, my problem is this, when i am coming to a complete stop, at 10mph to zero, i hear a motor on the underside of the dash by the passenger side make a loud motor noise. at that point the brake pedal will pulsate like abs has been engaged. there was no water or ice or snow on the road. it has been very consistent.

i am pretty confident that i don't have warped rotors, and i have plenty of brake fluid.

any ideas? anyone with the same problem?
:( :confused :( :confused​

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i stopped driving it.

i doubt its warp since when i am braking at higher speeds from 60, the car doesn't shake nor is there feed back from the steering wheel.

i rather it be warped rotors then to have to change abs sensors plus the motor. that could run upwards of 700 i think.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
if your abs lights aren't on, then most likely your abs is working fine. if you're pulsating, it can either be your rotors or your wheels need to be balanced

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
What about the brake booster? Is there a possibility it is screwing up. I would balance your wheels first, then maybe try turning the rotors, then you just have to start playing around or find someone there that can help you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i brought it to my mechanic and he thinks its the abs sensors. since it was raining really hard a couple of days ago, he thinks the sensors might have gotten some moisture and gone screwy.

been driving it the last two days. there have been no reoccurrences. its really weird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.