Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. need some help on brakes.. i have a 93 civic cx.. i did a complete gsr front and rear brake/suspension conversion and also replace the brake master cylinder. i bleeded and everything correctly.. when took it for a test drive it seems that the brakes are not even working right... abs brakes and brake master cylinder for abs car only? or i did something wrong? thanks for help

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i did swap the booster and yes i did bleed the brakes.. no i did not change rotor or brake pad cuz its still good... i did not change the prop. valve cuz i think it be needed..

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
the prop valve controls brake balance so even if he had the wrong one, he should still have good brakes.

Since you didn't change the pads/rotors, that is probably the culprit... Did you at least have the rotors turned? Did you measure them to make sure that they are still within oem spec? You also might need to bleed the brakes again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kommon_sense said:
the prop valve controls brake balance so even if he had the wrong one, he should still have good brakes.

Since you didn't change the pads/rotors, that is probably the culprit... Did you at least have the rotors turned? Did you measure them to make sure that they are still within oem spec? You also might need to bleed the brakes again.

thanks for your advise cuz im pretty sure it cant be the prop valve but the pads and rotor are pretty new. i had changed them on the integ for at least 2000 miles b4 i got the integ wrecked. when i drive around and step on the brakes it feels like nothing aint it suppost to be a bit harder? guest im gonna replace the rotor and pads and bleed it again...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.